Author Topic: Poisons  (Read 9160 times)

Offline Once

• View Profile
Poisons
« on: October 23, 2012, 09:38:35 pm »
Poisons now drain mana and move a lot faster depending on the type of poison. This will make poison an interesting weapon against casters. Look forward to more!

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Poisons
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 06:01:46 am »
Poisons were already OP. Poison 4 for example, which is the fastest and deadliest, is very easy to find. And since there is no antidote at this time, it makes PK-ing a race to get the thin needle. Casters already have magic bubble that incapacitates them. I am all for balancing the game but crippling a previously OP class is not the way to do it.
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 07:26:45 am »
I agree.  poisons need counters and affect variation more than a power up

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 11:06:36 am »
This is the first step towards making poison more interesting and introducing other variety to combat. Just voice your concerns and bare with us as we add new things.

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 11:56:58 am »
i find poison such as poison_4 is just dull for combat..
is there going to be more poisons that will attack say:
stamina, make person groggy and lose hit/damroll,etc etc?
will you be able to concoct your own mixtures? poisons that just kills instantly and is incurable,
well thats just boring.

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 04:44:45 pm »
I really like the idea of having a ton of different poisons throughout the game that each have different affect, as Jason was mentioning. Putting antidotes for each poison, and placing them throughout the mud, makes for a fun game of figuring out the right poison for the right person, which poison you will be attacked with and preparing yourself with the right antidote, and knowing where to find each poison/antidote. I suggest the antidote not be in the same zone as its corresponding poison. Placing the poison and antidotes in obscure areas will encourage exploring. Making them quest rewards will encourage questing. We could even make the level of difficulty of the quest determine the strength of the poison.

Can we add a tinker-like feature to poisons? Makes the timer shorter but the affects stronger.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:47:14 pm by Loria »
I get my energy from my Inner G.