Author Topic: new Ranger skill  (Read 9629 times)

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
new Ranger skill
« on: October 28, 2012, 10:28:12 am »
There should be a skill for Rangers that would add an affect to weapons. Like cause blindness, lower strength, or decrease speed, etc. The skill name could be influence, recondition, improvise, actuate, reconstruct, adapt, tweak, refine, or engineer.  We could use a different skill name for different affects.

Ideas? Thoughts?

*moved from previous area to here
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Once

• View Profile
Re: new Ranger skill
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 07:03:48 pm »
Don't think this is the skill for rangers. Agree they need something more, but let's not water down gypsy eh?

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 08:03:10 pm »
As much as I would love for gypsies to have this set of skills (being as I am a gypsy currently) I stand by my suggestion that this is a skill for Rangers. When I was talking to Stile about it, he said the same thing. He pointed out that gypsies currently have several equipment enhancing skills already. I can see Rangers being good at improvising weapons and knowing their way around a few combat enhancing skills.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 09:11:46 pm »
We need to discuss this more and think about it. I agree with Once we don't want to water-down gypsy. I could see temp buffs but they also give negative affects as well. Need to think on it some more.

Prom

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 09:40:12 pm »
My thought was that the enhancement could be temporary, like tinker. Not meant to water down gypsy. I don't think it would. Can't tinker a magic weapon. Can't improve a tinkered weapon. So these weapons would be totally different and would be used separately for different purposes.

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 05:13:45 am »
ranger and hunter should do less damage then thiefs and warriors no?
thats what i think atleast.. IF they have other things like traps to up their possibillity cause heavy damage.
give rangers and hunters a shitload of nifty traps and  other stuff like that instead..
no point in giving every class a tinkering skill...  >:(

Traps traps traps traps traps traps and shit, and shouldn't both ranger and hunters have some cool snaring skill?
i mean come on gypsy has a cool one and their not even hunter/rangers...

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 08:40:49 am »
Has any more thought been given to this at all? It would be so cool to have some cool affects added to weapons. It would make the weapon magic so it can no longer be tinkered or poisoned or whatnot. I don't want to see this idea swept under the rug and forgotten. New skills add variety to the game and attract new activity to the game. People will want to remort into a Ranger to see what the skill is like, and more PK activity will happen using these weapons with new affects. I see this as being good for the mud in general. Rangers need something to draw people to that class. I think this would be a great addition.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 05:04:39 pm »
I don't think it is a bad idea but I think we need to finish some of the stuff the coders have set out to do. Ie a possible new crafting system. Or for me to finish up the things I wanted to add to my new skills and other things like dispel_magic_bubble on an item or an wand. We don't want to drown it out. But I'm open to taking it on since I will probably have more time soon anyways.

Promethues

Offline Hoyhoy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 09:15:47 pm »
Skill shots

Like instead off effects being added to weapons, use ranged weapons with some precision and hit em where it hurts... like status effects and such.

Can't think of any atm, except maybe "point blank" where you could use a ranged weapon as a regularly wielded weapon

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 09:32:58 pm by Hoyhoy »