Author Topic: Pre title and log messages  (Read 17159 times)

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Pre title and log messages
« on: November 06, 2012, 09:00:58 am »
Currently pre titles and log messages are bought with award points given by RPL or as a perk for being a RPL. I have played this game for more than a year and a half, and I have not seen any role play going on. In game role play seems to be dead. Can we discuss the possibility of being able to acquire pre titles and log messages by other means?
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pre title and log messages
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 01:56:50 am »
Can we discuss the possibility of bringing roleplay back to 4D?  :)

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 05:27:08 am »
If we can have good RPL's that dont hand out rewards for the hell of it >>

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 06:59:28 am »
All of our RPL are inactive. We would have to assign new RPL. How would we get this ball rolling? A mud-wide advertisement asking for applicants to be RPL?

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 06:35:38 pm »
We don't necessary need RPL to do rp events. Any event can be logged and I believed mailed to (Molly?), and she will in return reward those players that participated. Least she use to.

Id rather see Award points handed out this way than giving that power to a mortal.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:40:53 pm by Bane »

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 03:18:32 am »
We'd really like to see some more RP in 4D, it's a pity that nobody seems to care much about it any more.

I am sure that Kvetch would take RP logs too.

You could also post them on the Forum. There is a special Forum for Roleplayers, and reading some logs there might inspire others..

Perhaps Bane is right that the awards should best come from imms to avoid favoritism. But having mortal Roleplay leaders is also a way to inspire players who want more responsibilities, and most roleplaying is probably done one-on-one, without any imms present.

The best way for a player, who wants to become RPL, would be to think out a good RP event, and then run it with some imm support. We always try to support initiative from players, with whatever is required to make it work.

Currently I am working on finishing Snowbird's old zone Utopia, and we could have a RP event when it is opened. This will however not be for another couple of months, since it is a big zone and needs a lot of work.

Any ideas about other ways in which we could promote roleplaying in 4D?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:19:59 am by Molly »

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 12:57:16 pm »
A birdie tells me that Once/Now is getting involved. This should be fun ^_^

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 02:31:27 pm »
I agree that the quests should be logged and that an Immortal at least approves of the rewards. We don't need to have to "hand" them out. Just my 2cents worth.

Prometheus.

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 02:04:35 am »
Sorry guys, I'd be on more but lately I have been immersed in Army Leadership assignments, language studies, and caring for our brand new little Tochie. My work schedule just changed to Mon-Fri 5am-1pm.. Once I can figure out a proper schedule to finally re-allot time to 4d, I'll be back on and help get them award points going again.

Sorry for the absence on my part ^^
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline NotNOTKitolani

• !!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 04:11:00 pm »
Oh Molly, we still care. We care very much, and definitely will be back. Soon.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 04:03:56 pm »

Currently I am working on finishing Snowbird's old zone Utopia, and we could have a RP event when it is opened. This will however not be for another couple of months, since it is a big zone and needs a lot of work.

So..now that the zone is open, where is that RP event, Molly?

Anyway, since the forums kind of seems dead, I was kind of looking for a topic that we hadn't talked about for a while that really still needed to be discussed.  This seems to be it.

We have been getting some people that would LOVE to roleplay and I'm afraid we're going to lose them since no one seems to really roleplay.  At least I don't see any  of it going on, though I'm usually off in my own little world.  I've not gotten any logs from roleplays - and some of the "roleplay" stuff I'd rather not read about *cough* Calypso/Stile *cough*.

To further this agenda, I'm going to make myself available to anyone that would like to position themselves to become an RPL.  If you are interested in becoming one then come up with a good roleplaying adventure that can be played on the mud for Halloween.  It doesn't have to be done ON Halloween (I see too many people missing because they have to take goblins and ghouls trick or treating), but something Halloween themed.  If needed, it could involve the Halloween Haunted House (aka: Solorn Del'Vante's estate) and cemetery.  There are a few places there that seem to be half finished in the zone that could use some sort of roleplaying adventure there.  Or perhaps there is something even more devious that you'd like to do. 

Send me an email with your idea and we'll see what we can come up with working together (we'll have to work on the build port).  If more that one person has an idea, we can run more than one adventure and have them on different nights.  I'd toss in a token for ideas, but I'd rather just have anyone serious about wanting to be an RPL give ideas and that means no tokens.  Does this promise you an RPL spot?  No, but it will give a good idea of what we feel needs to be worked on to get to that point.

Also, to try and get more roleplaying in, I'm also working on advancing the alien invasion device so 1) it will kill the remaining aliens if they are too tough for the group that's trying to kill them or the person that started the adventure to kill them (this was the overall theme I was given on why it wasn't used more).  2)  We'll be able to have Indians invading (good for an Old West adventure), Wyverns invading (I was going to use Dragons, but with the Dragon Master zone going in sometime, I didn't want confusion later) which is tied more towards the medieval zones, or Egyptian Mummies invading - talk about the walk of the undead - mostly for prehistoric.  But, as anything seems to be able to end up in any dimension, these could be used to attack any place that the aliens currently are able to attack.

If anyone has any ideas like the alien device to help increase roleplaying, feel free to let me know and I'll see what can get done.  If it's scriptable, it seems there are a few people willing to help script things out.

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 10:11:42 pm »
Ideas have been sent to your email  :D

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 01:45:00 am »
So..now that the zone is open, where is that RP event, Molly?

Heh - that event was supposed to be based on Snowbird's return to Utopia and 4D. (She is really into roleplay). But since she bailed out on me again, I'm out of ideas for now.

Perhaps someone can think something out for the grand opening of the Gellindril zone, which is imminent. Toch would be the natural person to lead that, but he seems to have been engulfed by the army again.

Anyhow, having something for Halloween sounds great. :-)

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 08:43:07 am »
Its not that original of an idea but doing a mud-wise quest to kill spiders would be a fine way of introducing Toch's new zone. If I can think of anything more creative than that, I will post it here.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 10:14:18 pm »
Of all my years on 4d Ive ever been in I think 3 big rp groups and I was quite a new back then, I know I havent been recently active lately, Not been alot I can do to change that just alot of shit going on that some know and something I dont feel like talking about on here, But i hoping for the time being Ill be active again but it will be late night EST time zone. But Im willing to participate in any RP events as long as its not a forced RP. If we do in fact have some active seeking rps on here I wouldnt even mind going full RP on Bane if it keeps some players around plus sounds fun.