Author Topic: Bounties  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
Bounties
« on: March 07, 2013, 07:38:24 pm »
Ok, i had been thinking about this for a while and I just happen to have been discussing with Xeriuth this idea.

Bounties could be a fun global quest, increasing rewards for harder mobs to find and/or kill (similar to the cosmo canyon fighting arena meets roger young).  Here are just a few ideas I had about how to implement them...

1- Have a bounty hunter somewhere in space or in star wars who gives you these global contracts around all 4 dimensions.  He can move as he is also a bounty hunter off killing for rewards.  You kill the target, you bring him what he's looking for (head, item, whatever), and he rewards you.

2- Rewards range from low gold/statted equipment to much gold, tokens, and good equipment, etc (anything really that fits into these things)

3- First bounties are mobs with specific names and locations.  As you get higher up as a bounty hunter, you get higher level mobs to kill, assignments with no specific names, only descriptors and general locations, riddles/clues to find them, etc.

4- One specific idea for a harder mob... this person was seen fleeing into the mosh pit at the punk rock concert.  they had green hair and a small tattoo on their back shoulder. (or something very discrete)... wander into the mosh pit and there are tons of people, you have to find the right person matching all the clues.  Attack one, everyone else flees (is purged) so its just you and this person.  Hopefully you are killing the correct one because the rest are gone and you have to wait if you mess it up to try again.

5- imms can also use the bounty hunter to do a current global quest that mentions any given mob in the game to pit players against each other to compete for the mob's scalp (like zedd but for killing).  could also be fun because players would all be there trying to kill the mob, but also killing each other to claim the scalp.  (could temporarily make the mob's room an arena until the mob dies)  Again, the bounty hunter (as played by an imm, RP leader, Hero) can give either clues or a specific mob/location

thats all for now.  ready, set, discuss!