Author Topic: Building Contest  (Read 9780 times)

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Building Contest
« on: July 08, 2013, 01:45:52 pm »
With the proposed opening of so many zones this year, I thought we'd need a list of the ones that are viable for the 3 gold tokens for the building contest.  These are the newly opened zones: (yes, I'm getting ahead of myself since at this posting only Utopia is new).

Utopia!

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Building Contest
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 01:07:54 am »
To clear up some rules for the Building Contest;
Many of the zones are old ones, that have been left in the Buildport and then finished by someone else.
1. The original Builder will always get credit for the zone, on a plaque and in the zone list, and so will the new one.
2. If the original Builder is still somewhat active, they'll share the token reward with whoever completes the zone.
3. If the original Builder no longer is active, the entire reward goes to the one that completes the zone.
4. Normal rules for submitting a zone are still valid, i.e the zone needs to be checked by a Headbuilder (Molly or Kvetch) before being put in the Game Port.
5. Any zone opened in the Gameport before New Year 2014 is eligible for the contest

Already opened:
- 195 Utopia, built by Snowbird, finished by Molly (200 rooms)
- 350 Utopia II -  the Outside, built by Molly, Lionheart helped with scripts, Xeriuth with code (100 rooms)
- 523 In the Grass (Quix II),  built by Sonya and Mireille

The zones I know of that are being worked actively on, and probably will open in 2013:

- 44, 131, 280, 360, Dragonports, built by Kvetch
- 280 Dragon Forest,  built by Angel, updated by Kvetch, as a complement to the Dragonmaster zone
- 268 Killer Klowns, started by Alabastor, continued by Diandra, finished by Jaros and Gilgamesh
- 304 Fun Fair, built by Gilgamesh, merged with Killer Klowns as a joint venture between Gilgamesh and Jaros
- 208, 227, 271, Planet Qu and the Enki Planets, built by Alpha, finished by Molly and Xeriuth
- Tocharaeh's massive project, (Several zones, not sure of the numbers and which of them it will be first.
  Toch needs to provide more info on this)
- Can we hope for 460, 462, 463,  Destroyed Jedi temple (Joint venture between Nanukimo, Erwin and Iwku)?

Any of you working on a zone, that you think will be finished in 2013; feel free to post on this thread. Give the zone number, zone name and number of rooms in the zone.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 06:19:18 pm »
An African school after apartheid was abolished

Zone 337 - 100 rooms

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 05:52:24 pm »
- Tocharaeh's massive project, (Several zones, not sure of the numbers and which of them it will be first.
  Toch needs to provide more info on this)

So the first one is being screened as we speak. This is called, "The Mountain Village of Gelindril" & "The Flying Fortress". They are 100 rooms each.

The second set is truly the massive one at roughly 900 rooms. I'm currently revamping my forest area as well as one other spot for several reasons. I expect this all to be done by Christmas. Luckily all of the triggers I need I've written. So the hard part is done. I'm just writing, and moving pieces around to make the zone more fluid.

I'll keep you posted as I progress.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 01:50:45 pm »
Just a quick update. Thanks to the service of GRAMMARLY, I'm currently weeding through this second zone room by room to do quality control. Some of these descs are like 10 years old so who knows what I did then :P

I have a system outlined for myself do finish this zone. Hopefully it will keep things smooth and orderly for me. :) I wanna be able to release it no later than xmas.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!