Author Topic: Blind Players  (Read 37216 times)

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Blind Players
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2014, 01:01:42 pm »
Molly, Rynald, and I have put in hours and hours of work into text maps for the game. I think they are useful for everyone in game. I am very happy with it so far.

Molly, Which text maps are currently available in game right now? What still needs to be worked on?
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 04:13:15 pm »
The following maps are already in the game:

Old Carthage
Greek Mainland
Greek Islands
River Nile 

NorthRealms of Medieval
WestRealms of Medieval
EastRealms of Medieval
SouthRealms of Medieval
Olde Yorke         

Old West   
Dodge City         
Dry Gulch

Space Port         
Fun Fair     

A couple of more are in the builport,   not yet copied over, (for iinstance an overall map of the space in Future, and the Recall area).
We'll probably make verbal maps for all the bigger cities  and planets too, but all in all I think we have a pretty good set already, that should be useful for all players.

Thanks Loria and Rynald for all the dedicated work you put into those maps! :)

If there are any particular zones that you'd like to see a map over, please let us know.

Offline Loran

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 11:40:26 am »
just a note on something we may need to look into to remove some confusion

one of our newest players (rosey) is using a screen reader on a mobile device and trying to use the farms in Old Yorke, when farming the scripts load pigs/birds with a message about it, but it seems by the time the information has been read out the script has already continued, we may need to add a longer timer to wait to account for this.

Also i noticed that when farming in these 5? fields they do not list the crop received in the room description or title so you don't know what you will receive until you start farming.

also they do not transfer you to another room/repeat the last farming command you need to use to continue - say plant/hoe like the ones i believe outside fort sutter that update/display a different room desc based on your progress.

Offline Mirage

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 04:45:30 pm »
I just wanted to say a huge thank-you to the builders and coders.  I'm fairly new to Muds, but it appears that extensive work has gone into making this one accessible to those of us who use screen readers.  My biggest problem in other games is maps, and I was happy to discover the text maps on 4D today.  I found 4D because I was looking for a game with extensive crafting, and I'm looking forward to trying it out soon.