Author Topic: Impossible script?  (Read 10367 times)

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Impossible script?
« on: May 13, 2014, 04:09:42 pm »
Caly has decided to try and make me do an impossible script, so I need help.

Basically, a ring that Stile will be wearing will make it impossible for anyone but Caly to mount him.  What I've tried to do doesn't seem to work as Stile doesn't have a command for the ring to block anyone, the ring just does it.  So.. help?

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Impossible script?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 12:31:54 am »
Hmm, it should be an act or command trigger, with a name check. Could you post what you have on some closed imm board, that would make it easier to contemplate?

I assume Caly doesn't want everyone to view her ring script. If she agrees, you could of course post it here, more chance for help from other scriptors then. (Or maybe you could just strip what you are posting down to the bare essentials)

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 06:14:06 am »
I don't think I have any sensitive information in my ring script. But yeah ease just post the script in question.
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 08:19:02 am »
I basically posted what the bare essentials of the problem was.

I need a script that makes it so no one can mount stile other than Calypso.  I'm not worried about when Stile has nomount on as no one can mount him then anyways.  It's when he has nomount off (when normally anyone would be able to mount him because he is a centaur) that I need an object he is wearing to stop anyone other than Caly to be able to mount him.  The rest of the script is just %send%'s and stuff like that.

A command script doesn't seem to work as Stile (who will be wearing the ring) will not be issuing the command to mount himself.  I can't put the script on an object that Caly wears because it's not supposed to stop her, just anyone else - whether or not Caly is there or not - thus it has to be something Stile has/is wearing.

I had not thought of trying an act script as I don't usually work with those and only recently saw something on TBA that I posted here with hopes that would help me figure out how to actually use them.

For more details, all imm's got a forward of Caly's note to me on the game port when I was trying to pass it off to someone else to do.

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 12:25:33 pm »
Xerxes figured it out. Way to go, Xer! Making the rest of us look bad! Lol!

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 03:20:27 pm »
Erm.. all Xerxes answer was to me not an answer - at least not with what you wanted.  Basically I'd have the same effect by telling you - Tell Stile to always have nomount on, unless you are around and then type nomount so you can mount him and then turn it off again.  Isn't that the way it is/could be now?  So.. why the script? 

The script, to me, was to have it look as though Calypso was the every seeing, all jealous wife so if you tried to mount Stile, you would get the message of "Calypso arrives and gives you a few pieces of her mind" (or some such junk - don't have the script in front of me to copy it) - whether Calypso was actually on or not.  Having Stile type nomount then have a script force you to mount him and then force him to nomount again isn't going to do that.  AGain, if that's what you're looking for - just tell Stile to always have nomount on and then I can continue with the rest of the stuff.

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 03:54:26 pm »
Yeah I would prefer to have the uninvited mounter to get a piece of my mind.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 03:57:17 pm by Calypso »

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 04:40:07 pm »
So again, we're back to.. help?

Here's the nomount part of the request:

If stile has nomount on, then no one can mount stile.
If stile has nomount OFF, if mounter isn't calypso, there is a script that blocks player:
"What makes you think you can mount another woman's husband? Get out of here before Calypso smites you!"

Of course, the first line is normal, so no need to have something scripted for that.  It's the second part that's the issue as this should go off any time someone tries to mount Stile - whether or not Calypso is on, after all she is the all knowing all seeing goddess of the sea that seems to have a jealous streak when it comes to Stile.  I've still not tried an act script at this point in time, so that may be the way to go, just not sure.