Author Topic: 4D plugin with mudlet  (Read 8427 times)

Offline erwin

• View Profile
4D plugin with mudlet
« on: August 20, 2014, 07:55:46 pm »
I'm not sure whether it's just me, but I find that the 4D plugin with mudlet "lags" you a bit when you are buffed up (i.e. on the left hand side, you get all the affect boxes), such that when you type stuff, some letters don't go through.

As an example, I've tried to type: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" multiple times on wordpad, all the letters go through. When fully buffed up (as a GM), and typing it there, I get missing letters like: "The uick brow fox jumps oer the lazy dog."

This is kind of irritating, especially with "bs mobname", because sometimes, this becomes "s mobname", which results in my player character walking south (not nice in zones with DTs)...

In any case, is there a way to turn this plugin off? Or at least, turn the left hand side off (I like the map on the right hand side).

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 4D plugin with mudlet
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 02:35:04 am »
KaVir made the plug_in, and also adapted it for 4D.
I don't think any of our coders were involved in it. I made the tiles for the maps myself, working directly with KaVir.
Perhaps you should ask him about it?
His e-mail address is KaVir@t-online.de

Have you tried using the plugin on MUSHClient?
Does it have the same problem there?

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 07:47:45 am »
I'm not sure that's the problem.  I use the mushclient, but without the added windows (just the main one with everything on it) and I still have issues with typing things in and not having the whole thing show up.  I just figured it was my computer.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 01:37:24 am »
You really should use the maps, Kvetch. They make building and finding bad links so much easier.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 07:56:12 am »
I may be able to now that I bought a new laptop - one that can run windows instead of linux.  Seriously, I wasn't inclined to figure out how to download the extra stuff when I wasn't sure my computer could even handle it - and the fact I couldn't handle doing anything "extra" with my computer other than what a friend of mine downloaded onto it didn't help any.  Problem now is - I'm scared of the new laptop...  So still using the old one currently.  *hehe*