Author Topic: Skill Knowledge - Degrade over time if not in use  (Read 24183 times)

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Skill Knowledge - Degrade over time if not in use
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 01:15:43 am »
Just to make sure I understand this. If you practice a skill and you don't lose it or will you completely lose the skill? I mean if you have forage at 13 percent and don't use it much would it eventually go to unlearned? I think that skills should degrade to 1%. And with the trainers all over the place not everyone is going to want to go hunting around for skills they forgot. I like the forget command if you never use a skill but I think once you practice it you should remember it a little. It is kind of like riding a bike. Once you learn you never completely unlearn it. I could ride a bike again but it would take me a couple of tries since it has been god a long time since I rode a bike but I could ride a bike again.

Prometheus.

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
Re: Skill Knowledge - Degrade over time if not in use
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 10:49:44 am »
I dont like the skills/spells degrading unless once you practice them, even if you remort you still will know it when you go back to the class just with whatever rate it degraded at lower percentage.  That way you don't have to be constantly retraining skills/spells
Snazzy Signature Block Goes Here