Author Topic: Directional Spells in Arena  (Read 8008 times)

Offline erwin

• View Profile
Directional Spells in Arena
« on: May 15, 2008, 04:25:13 am »
It seems that directional spells are a bit buggy in arena.

Here are some examples from the fight of Asper versus Iwku, with Asper using cone of cold.

Iwku was riding a stallion.

Casting directional spells at Iwku ends up in : You power up a cone of cold attack.

No damage is done.

Casting directionals at the stallion is a bit buggy. Before combat with the stallion, casting directional spells at it will give a 0.00x) Your cone of cold ...... (a zero multiplier)

At this point, hitting the stallion with directionals results in Asper unable to move. Typing n s e w will give the same result as a return, ie, your prompt is shown, but Asper can't move out. Only way to get out of it is to 'flee'. Think this is the same bug Erwin experienced with Fizban in the last KOTM, Erwin got out with 'retreat'.

After typing 'kill all' and getting involved in combat with Iwku and the stallion, I can fire off cone of colds at the stallion.

However, strangely, the directional spells I fire show the damage on my prompt, like it was a regular physical combat. (Normally, damage done by firing directional spells on mobs don't show up on the prompt) Furthermore, I saw that the damage dealt was constant, 100 damage per cone of cold.

After the stallion died, I tried to use directional spells again, but still came up with a "You power up a cone of cold attack.", and it doesn't do any damage at all.

Yup, think that's about it :)

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
Re: Directional Spells in Arena
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 06:26:29 am »
The message you got might have shown up as no damage done, but damage was done.  I couldn't move or flee.  I kept getting a message you are exhausted.  My strength went from 22/100 to something over 40.  That chill touch spell is nasty. I was worried you would go somewhere and heal and come back at me full strength.

I know you were just testing it, but you didn't mention in your post that I beat you  ;D

Everyone level 8 and under, please note Prometheus to sign up for the KOTM this weekend.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 06:32:33 am »
Yeah..but the damage was done via chill touch in the same room. Not sure why you were exhausted, was it because you picked up all the opas from the stallion's corpse and was overweight?

In any case, I thought it was quite strange, because no matter how many chill touch I cast..your HP was like at 80 percent every time.

Oh yeah.. forgot to mention that you beat me..but I was afraid if I went. "and Iwku beat me", it would sort of give the wrong impression that you'll win only because of the bug. Or something like that.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 06:38:46 am »
Further testing... Seems that if both of you don't have the PK flag, directional spells do no damage :(

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 06:53:04 am »
Yah, I thought it strange at the time that I didn't have to use many opas in that fight. I usually have to use tons. I didn't picked up opas from my dead stallion, but I questioned if maybe they might have transferred to me when you KILLED my beloved stallion because I couldn't move. But I think it was just that you drained my strength, so the opas I was carrying got heavier.

I really was totally surprised how little opas I had to quaff in that fight.  It didn't seem right.

Thank you for being so chivalarous in not mentioning that I might have won because of a bug.  You are always a gentleman Erwin :)

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 09:34:57 am »
Everyone level 8 and under, please note Prometheus to sign up for the KOTM this weekend.

That's 8 remorts, not level 8 :P (Oh, and she said everyone so she must mean Fizzy too!)

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 11:07:20 am »
That's 8 remorts, not level 8 :P (Oh, and she said everyone so she must mean Fizzy too!)

Fizzy, you're already in the KOTM :)

Offline Mordecai

• Administrator
  • Has delusions of adequacy
    • View Profile
    • Multiplayer Online Game Anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 09:45:02 pm »
Great testing guys!
This will be addressed as soon as we can do it.
Thotter, are you able to handle this?