Author Topic: Mount bug? Maybe?  (Read 7236 times)

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mount bug? Maybe?
« on: May 22, 2008, 08:09:39 am »
I don't mind mounts dying if you have them in combat.  I don't mind mounts running away if you flee a battle and leave them behind.  But... this is what I got today:

Situation: running around Midlands
People Involved: Cati (centaur) and her "mount/pet" Xanathos

Ok, I fought the quad, I won.  I relieved the corpse of his cold hard cash and proceeded on to my target area - the old bone woman - when suddenly, after following me for six rooms after the finished battle, my pet decides that I don't care for him anymore and he leaves.

I can only assume it had to do with the battle as before that he followed me to the ends of the.. umm.. midland area - even when I wasn't in the same room, he waited ever so patiently for me.

So, my question is this:  Will pets leave if they take damage from the battle and you don't heal them (btw: I didn't even know he was involved in the battle, I didn't set any involve on him or anything - I've not used him since the old way of mounts when they didn't assist - so this could easily be my mistake).

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
Re: Mount bug? Maybe?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 03:00:08 pm »
I find that lately my mounts are just up and leaving too.  The first time it happened took me by surprise.  I was trying to figure out how to get into Quixotica and then all of a sudden out of the blue, my mount decided that I don't care for him, dropped his opas and left.

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 11:15:03 pm »
I think it's always worked like this. At least always if you let your mount get hurt and don't pay enough attention to it by caring to give it some healing, it then feels you don't care about it enough and thus will leave you. I figured that was the reasoning behind this, the lack of caring put forth.  Although yes, every now and then it wont kick in and the mount will get killed, I'm not sure about that part, i think it's cause it received so much damage and it dies before the script kicks in. Not sure, would have to ask a coder.
Snazzy Signature Block Goes Here

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 04:22:40 pm »
Yeah that's normal behaviour, at least for tamed mounts, not so sure about store-bought ones.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 04:24:30 pm »
Mounts take damage. If they get below about 30 or 40 percent HP, they don't like their owner anymore. This doesn't kick in immediately, players get the chance to heal their mounts. After a certain amount of time below the HP threshhold, the mount will leave you.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 04:59:40 pm »
Good to know.  That way if I use my mount again, I'll know to heal is furry little butt after a fight.  ;)