Author Topic: I'll Be The Judge  (Read 19347 times)

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
I'll Be The Judge
« on: June 06, 2008, 10:32:38 pm »
Ok, answer me a few questions so I can judge you. If I hate you, this may be your chance to redeem yourself...

1. Are you religious?

2. Do you believe in Global Warming?

3. http://www.radionz.co.nz/search?mode=results&queries_all_query=montage <-- Listen to the audio. Tell me what you think of it.

That is all. :D

Leonardo

Re: I'll Be The Judge
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 05:38:56 am »
Ok, answer me a few questions so I can judge you. If I hate you, this may be your chance to redeem yourself...

1. Are you religious?

3. http://www.radionz.co.nz/search?mode=results&queries_all_query=montage <-- Listen to the audio. Tell me what you think of it.

4. That is all. :D

1. I am not religious - but I'm spiritual.

2. Yes I do - it's an important issue - and I'm very susceptible to heat, anything over 25 degrees Celsius makes me sweat.

3.  Mariah Carey is tha man :-P but listen at this American Idol version of the song which becomes 'Ken Lee' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT18LZItBLA&feature=related

4. Really?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 05:41:23 am by Leonardo »

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 10:53:08 pm »
3.  Mariah Carey is tha man :-P but listen at this American Idol version of the song which becomes 'Ken Lee' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT18LZItBLA&feature=related

4. Really?

Firstly, what the fuck did my link have to do with Mariah Carey?!

And secondly, you misquoted me you bastard, I din't have a 4th point!

Otherwise you're currently in first place with 2/3 questions right and a dumb comment.

:d

Offline kitolani

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 12:38:50 am »
1. Surveys
2. are lame.
3. Mariah Carey's song was playing in the background between Rumsfeld quotes, which made it considerably more sickening. It would have been funny, but it was mostly sad.  :-\ Thank you for weakening my confidence in the competence of my country's leaders yet again. -_-
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 12:47:33 am by kitolani »

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 02:13:17 am »
Your mums lame cause you didn't answer the questions.. But I'm kinda disturbed you people realised it was a MC song in the background.. I certainly didn't.

Kito ties Lionheart for first.

Leonardo

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 05:31:29 am »
Oh, fuck you Virisin - don't start making this nonsense a competition - who cares about your judgement anyway :)
I replied just for some bitter sarcasm so I was not commenting that anti-america discussion and I focused on the song in the background.

Your link had everything to do with Mariah Carey - she's the first lady of music :P

Oh, I really did misquote you? Am I vewwy vewwy sorry - I not intended to ;)

In the end did you listen to the American Idol version of the song? I found it extra-funny.

PS: Offence to people's mums is not very gallant of you - in your place I'd hide in shame.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 09:00:12 pm by Leonardo »

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 01:39:20 am »

1. Are you religious?

1. Only in the eyes of cretins who consider atheism a religion.

2. Sure I believe the weather has been getting increasingly warmer, and it may have an affect overtime, but no I don't think it's going to melt the polar caps and destroy all life as we know it, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

3. Rumsfled's an idiot, in fact the majority of the US Government is comprised of such idiocy.

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 03:10:42 am »
Sure I believe the weather has been getting increasingly warmer, and it may have an affect overtime, but no I don't think it's going to melt the polar caps and destroy all life as we know it, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.
/quote]

The weather has not only been getting increasingly warmer but more erratic.  There are more tsunamies, hurricanes, forest fires and heat waves of more epic proportions than ever before. The ice cap IS melting and will destroy life as we know it.

Just as a small example, for Father's Day we had lobster.  Soon the ocean water will be too warm and too watery (less saline) that the lobsters will die. And there's tons of potential medical cures in the ocean that will die with it.

The Kyoto Protocol isn't the cure but it's a step in the right direction. I don't understand why the US won't agree.  They are world leaders and there are no global penalties if you don't meet the agreement. It's just an agreement to try and to care and to take small steps towards reducing GHG's.

And there is no conspiracy. Global warming is a sad fact.

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 03:12:11 am »
Sorry, still trying how to figure out how to quote

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 03:18:12 am »
Just use the quote tab the forum gives you.

I do however agree with Iwku on this one.. Global warming is quite as bad as it's made out to be, and it is humans that are causing it. Global warming itself might not directly lead to life ending as we know it, but it starts a vicious cycle of events that certainly will.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 03:19:56 am by Virisin »

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 11:55:31 am »
The ice cap IS melting and will destroy life as we know it.

Theory, nothing more. In fact many scientists's disagree with said theory so touting as fact and not opinion or theory is incredibly silly.

Soon the ocean water will be too warm and too watery (less saline) that the lobsters will die. And there's tons of potential medical cures in the ocean that will die with it.

Lobster 'may' die, once again theory. As for potential cures, you need to know what the word potential means I believe. Everything on the planet is a potential cure for evcerything, your quote on the other hand is melodramatic and seems to say that the cures for several diseases would disappear with the life in the ocean, and not that there could 'possibly' be cures in the ocean.

And there is no conspiracy. Global warming is a sad fact.

Okay, to reiterate, just because you agree with a theory, that doesn't make it fact.

z932074

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 11:35:12 pm »

1. Are you religious?

That is all. :D

1. no; I'm an athiest.
2. No, and here's some reasons why: (borrowed from http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/07/18/disproof-of-global-warming-hype-published/)
        The IPCC’s (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) 2007 climate summary overstated CO2’s impact on temperature by 500-2000%

CO2 enrichment will add little more than 1 °F (0.6 °C) to global mean surface temperature by 2100;

Not one of the three key variables whose product is climate sensitivity can be measured directly;

The IPCC’s values for these key variables are taken from only four published papers, not 2,500;

The IPCC’s values for each of the three variables, and hence for climate sensitivity, are overstated;

“Global warming” halted ten years ago, and surface temperature has been falling for seven years;

Not one of the computer models relied upon by the IPCC predicted so long and rapid a cooling;

The IPCC inserted a table into the scientists’ draft, overstating the effect of ice-melt by 1000%;

It was proved 50 years ago that predicting climate more than two weeks ahead is impossible;

Mars, Jupiter, Neptune’s largest moon, and Pluto warmed at the same time as Earth warmed;

In the past 70 years the Sun was more active than at almost any other time in the past 11,400 years.

3. I have long believed that politics isnt the greatest thing to speak about in a forum.

THAT is all.

4. Really?

rofl great video m8 :P
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 11:37:33 pm by Rith »

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 05:28:57 pm »
Your source of proof is the “Men’s News Daily”? Please.

The MND’s article incorrectly states there is “mathematical proof that there is no climate crisis”. Using words such as “published” in debate … in Physics and Society, a “scientific publication” of the 46,000-strong “American Physical Society” (APS) makes it sound like this was a scientific work published in a respected journal, when in fact is just an opinion article in one of their online newsletter forums. The APS states “This newsletter is not a scientific journal of the APS, and it is not peer reviewed”.

This is the link to the original article:
http://www.aps.org/units/fsp/newsletters/200807/monckton.cfm

(1)   The article is not a proper scientific study so it cannot be proof. It is an opinion of the author. The article is not held up to any sort of statistical analysis and the author is unable to state any conclusion with any level of confidence. The article abstract states, …”the conclusion is that perhaps there is no “climate crisis”.

(2)   The article does not have support from the APS. A press release from the APS (July 22/08) states “American Physical Society (APS) today reaffirmed its position on climate change issued last November, releasing the following statement “Emissions of greenhouse gasses from human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth’s climate. The evidence is incontrovertible. Global warming is occurring”. “The society’s position has not changed, and APS remains engaged in the issue that has considerable international consequences”.

This is a link to the APS Media response to the original article:
 http://www.aps.org/about/pressreleases/climatechange08.cfm

You quoted Lord Monckton’s conclusion in the article “The correct policy approach to a non-problem is to have the courage to do nothing”. While that statement in itself is true, he cannot apply it to global warming being a non-problem because he can’t draw any conclusions because he didn’t conduct a proper study.

The article in the MND’s is scary because there will be people reading it who will take it at face value and believe it to be true. Let’s say it were true, does that mean we should not bother with annual air care car emissions tests, not worry about clear-cutting our forests, throw away our blue boxes and stop recycling, take the car when we can walk, and stop designing energy-efficient communities and transportation systems? Maybe it would mean that, or it could result in an easy excuse not to take better care of our Earth.

I’m sure we can all start citing real studies about global warming, but I agree that mud forums are not the place to discuss politics.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 05:51:57 pm »
Actually, I believe in the General Discussions board you can discuss anything you want.  Even <ewww> politics <shivers>.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 02:12:13 am »
Rith you are a fool. Iwku is currently winning this competition, Kito is in second, Kvetch third, Lionheart and Fizban tied for fourth, Rith last even though he got 2/3 right.