Author Topic: Code Updates  (Read 4488 times)

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
Code Updates
« on: August 03, 2008, 02:17:11 am »
Quote:
At a suggestion from IWKU I'm going to try to post bug changes / updates here and I will hope the other coders will do so as well. Here is the current list:
A) Nauzhror changed the tier and level of the following spells / skills:
mana shield, brace, parry
B ) Nauzhror fixed scribe so that you need to know the spell to scribe it.
C ) Typo fixes.
End Quote

Thank you Prometheus.

Whether changes are conveyed through in-game change notes or on the forum boards, what matters most to me is understanding the change. For example in (A), was mana shield, brace and parry spells/skills increased or decreased? What prompted this change or how does this change affect things, etc.

Just reading something was "changed" doesn't really mean much to me. I would find it helpful if coders could briefly say how something was changed. It doesn't have to be lengthy. (B) and (C) are good examples of this. Otherwise, I just read the note, don't understand it and don't really care if it doesn't affect me.  Having this information on the boards though would be great because then if at some point it does affect me, then I can go back and find a reference to it. In-game change notes are good, but are only sent to current players so new players are not able to access that information.

I do appreciate all the hard work the 4D coders do. But to put all that work into making a change, and not have people understand it seems like a waste, when they could just write one sentence what the change means.