Author Topic: Official Golem Discussions Thread  (Read 42991 times)

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
Re: Official Golem Discussions Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 02:45:27 am »
When I set my golem's involvement to 60%, sometimes it will stick and other times it will go back to 50% in the middle of the fight.  Why is that?

Leonardo

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 04:29:58 am »
I don't know for which condition you lost your Golem, could be many possibilities. But this event gives me the idea of adding a death message on the Golems, when your Golem dies you'll receive the message: 'Your golem is dead'. This way you'll at least be sure it died and didn't disappear majestically for some weird bug.

The golem's have a flag that let's them walk over water without the need of a boat, ask Molly to check if the flag is still there.

About the involvment that's a CODE bug, sometimes it auto-resets to 50/50 or 33/33/33 depending on how many followers you got in your group. Sorry but can't do anything about it, maybe you can report it using the BUG command so the coders may consider fixing it.

Thank you for reporting these issues.

Lost another one. Not sure why?

My golem was activated and I was on my way back to RIP. My golem was there inside the old shack and it was there when I gave the ticket to the captain. I didn't look if it was there on the boat trip but when I reached the other side of the ocean the golem was not there.

It was no longer in my group. I did not get a message it died, and I did not get back in my  inventory any of the equipment it had. It was in perfect or almost perfect health. I retraced my steps ... but no golem waiting at the dock.

Maybe I was suppose to deactivate it to go on the boat, but it went through portals with me, so why not a boat. And it still should have been at the dock. I can't figure out why this happened?

Actually just noticed, all of the equipment I had given it was on the ground on the Shore of the Mainland where I got off the boat.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 01:09:23 pm »
That needs to be bugged. I have noticed it myself but I have a long list of things to try to fix so if someone bugs it I will put it on the list. I can't promise when it will get fixed or looked into.

Prometheus.

Offline Loran

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 07:04:16 pm »
not sure if this is normal, but after reaching 2-3% exp after a fight with a t2 mob and healing it a few time's with cure critical,
my bodyguard golem triggered its healing script and then gave this message.

a grotesque Golem gathers all his energy and transforms.
A grotesque Golem wipes the sweat from his brow.

per gstat it it is now a
(*)-------------------------------------------------------(*)
| |  Type: Spy    Level: 30
| | Owner: Loran     Tier: 0
| | 
| | G-Hitpoints:  [##############################>] (100%)
| | G-Experience: [>------------------------------] (0%)

and repeats that message every 3-5 seconds,  trying to reset it by saying emet to pick it up and re-drop  a couple of times did nothing
then gave the following

The Golem lands on its feet, looking alert and ready to go.
There is no such person!

and the golem is gone.

Offline Loran

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 03:09:33 am »
the golem following script just ports the golem to your current location, for example if you went into a flight required room you can get around the pets require boats/flight gear to get it there.

in one battle i saw the gexp message 8 times without healing the mob i was fighting, is this supposed to cap at 3-5 times per battle?

Leonardo

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 03:14:20 am »
Yes the Golem will port to you everywhere even if he can't fly he'll keep porting to you every 13 seconds.

Hmm, yes you're supposed to stop gaining GEXP from the same mob after 5-6 times. After that the yellow messages should stop appearing. Might happen that it's not very accurate sometimes.

the golem following script just ports the golem to your current location, for example if you went into a flight required room you can get around the pets require boats/flight gear to get it there.

in one battle i saw the gexp message 8 times without healing the mob i was fighting, is this supposed to cap at 3-5 times per battle?

Offline Loran

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 03:30:36 am »
at least the golem teleporting saves you from losing it in those enter bushes/thorns scripts that seem to eat mounts  ;D

Offline Grish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 12:38:38 pm »
BUG REPORT

Cause:I quit and quickly reentered the game, before leaving I saw the golem message, and when I returned I saw the golem leave due to loneliness.

Effect:Next golem purchased had no xp gain, after several mil worth of XP I still could not gstat my golem, yet I was not getting full XP. This golem died, I replaced it and about 60 mil worth of dock workers later, same issue. No yellow text or anything. Quit for an extended time and returned, golem still not gaining xp.

Leonardo

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 01:08:49 pm »
It's normal your golem purged cause of loneliness, you shouldn't quit without EMETing it.

The second issue is not related to the cause, it's just a coincidence. The second issue is caused by a CODE bug related to the Trigedit FUNCTION code. I will remove the FUNCTION code portion on the script and apply it directly to it. Until hopefully the coders will fix it.

When you lose your Golem for bug problems, you can ask a refund directly to Molly.
Thanks for your help.

BUG REPORT

Cause:I quit and quickly reentered the game, before leaving I saw the golem message, and when I returned I saw the golem leave due to loneliness.

Effect:Next golem purchased had no xp gain, after several mil worth of XP I still could not gstat my golem, yet I was not getting full XP. This golem died, I replaced it and about 60 mil worth of dock workers later, same issue. No yellow text or anything. Quit for an extended time and returned, golem still not gaining xp.

Offline Grish

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 08:05:37 am »
In regards to the fire golem change:

As when I reported this issue to you, and you asked if this fix was fair I still say no in protest. My reported stated the golem should fall under pet catagory, or have a higher pet level. The issue was not that you could have them both, but that you could have 2 fire elemental AND a golem, thus making it vastley overpowered. My suggested fix would be to not make it so you cant have any elemental, but to make it so you cant have more than X levels with a golem in group, or you cant have more than X followers. IMO this is not a good fix to the problem of being able to have to many pets up with the golem.

Leonardo

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 05:31:40 am »
I can't make a scripted mob a pet in the code, ask Fizban which is the only active coder recently if we can add the golems as pets in the code.

In the meanwhile this is the only fix I found that sounded reasonable to avoid fire elementals abuse with golems.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 03:48:17 am »
How about having the golems be proportional to your level, with a minimum level of 1 and maximum level of 55?

Say, for thief, spy, messenger and bodyguard, they can range from 5 levels below your level, to 5 levels more than your level.

So a level 5 player might have a spy golem at level 1, or a bodyguard golem at level 10. That way, they can level the golem proportionately, and it won't hog all the xp.

Leonardo

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 03:50:54 am »
The problem is that the scripts don't SET the golem level or tier, they make it TRANSFORM into another mob vnum.
Having different golem tiers means having 4 different mobs, having different golem level means having 50 mob * 4 tiers. Willing to create 200 different mobs? I don't think Molly will be very enthusiastic about it :-)

How about having the golems be proportional to your level, with a minimum level of 1 and maximum level of 55?

Say, for thief, spy, messenger and bodyguard, they can range from 5 levels below your level, to 5 levels more than your level.

So a level 5 player might have a spy golem at level 1, or a bodyguard golem at level 10. That way, they can level the golem proportionately, and it won't hog all the xp.

Offline Loran

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 12:37:33 am »
for spy golems using the gorder gold command gives you
A shifty looking Golem gives you 60024 gold coins

every time you drop your golem it loads with the same 60024 coins.
its a slow way to riches, default gold should probably be removed from golems.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 12:59:17 am »
The shifty looking Golems is the Thief type, not the Spy.
Spies are not in yet - hopefully.

Do the Golems give gold again? They have been set not to, so that means the code is screwed - again.

Where are the Coders?