Author Topic: Official Golem Discussions Thread  (Read 42989 times)

Offline Loran

• View Profile
Re: Official Golem Discussions Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 10:07:10 pm »
golems reload with 0 now, so fixed,. 
another thought is will this affect the gamble game they play, is the gold loaded on the fly, or were they pulling from that load pool?

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 10:32:55 pm »
When you play with your own golem, your GOLD decreases, instead of remaining constant.

Leonardo

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 12:30:43 am »
The Golem game, gathers the gold from the Golem Master, in poor words the golem plays using your gold not his.

golems reload with 0 now, so fixed,. 
another thought is will this affect the gamble game they play, is the gold loaded on the fly, or were they pulling from that load pool?

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 12:44:14 am »
I'm disappointed.

I finally levelled a body guard golem to tier 4, about 86% and now I've lost it and everything it was carrying and I don't know why.

I've started logging my golem activities (when I remember). I checked back and I did properly say emet, and the golem stopped using all the equipment and then it stopped following me...like what's suppose to happen. I have it logged, but even if I had forgotten to emet the golem, shouldn't the golem still be there at Tier 4 with 0%?

Now I log on a few days later and no golem and no golem equipment. What happened?

Leonardo

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 07:02:56 am »
I can't see the reason why you would have lost your Golem quitting if you emeted it before performing the quit action. Send me the log you appear to have at: leonardo@faoro.it

The update that stated your Golem would save over crashes and errors had also a notice stating that this tweak could be removed without notice. Since the bodyguard Golem got out of Beta version and became Official version I removed that tweak.

I don't know what happened, all I can think about is that you emeted and quitted very quickly and didn't allow the script the time to create the item in your inventory. Next time after you emet your golem type: INV and check if it has been loaded in your inventory before quitting.

I'm disappointed.

I finally levelled a body guard golem to tier 4, about 86% and now I've lost it and everything it was carrying and I don't know why.

I've started logging my golem activities (when I remember). I checked back and I did properly say emet, and the golem stopped using all the equipment and then it stopped following me...like what's suppose to happen. I have it logged, but even if I had forgotten to emet the golem, shouldn't the golem still be there at Tier 4 with 0%?

Now I log on a few days later and no golem and no golem equipment. What happened?

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 07:08:30 am »
Typing 'gorder give xxx to erwin' results in giving all items in its inventory to erwin, instead of the item xxx.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 07:13:06 am »
You can type gstat before your golem transforms to get this

(*)-------------------------------------------------------(*)
| |  Type: Thief    Level: 35
| | Owner: Erwin     Tier: 1
| | 
| | G-Hitpoints:  [##############################>] (100%)
| | G-Experience: [#####################################################>] (177%)
| | 
| | Abilities:
| | 1) Tier: 1 Will steal gold from MOB
| | 2) Tier: 2 Plays gambling Game: 3 Dice
| | 3) Tier: 3 Will steal gold and objects from MOB and gold from PLAYER
| | 4) Tier: 4 Will steal money and objects from MOB and PLAYER, higher sums and more items
| | 5) Tier: - None

Leonardo

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 07:40:35 am »
That's normal, nobody said gorder give will let you choose which item.

Typing 'gorder give xxx to erwin' results in giving all items in its inventory to erwin, instead of the item xxx.

Leonardo

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 07:42:23 am »
That's why I left the box open, does it disturb you? It usually transforms back in a few seconds after you drop it.
You see that because he got the gexp of a tier3 mob and the form of a tier1 mob.

You can type gstat before your golem transforms to get this

| |  Type: Thief    Level: 35
| | Owner: Erwin     Tier: 1
| | 
| | G-Hitpoints:  [##############################>] (100%)
| | G-Experience: [#####################################################>] (177%)
| | 
| | Abilities:
| | 1) Tier: 1 Will steal gold from MOB
| | 2) Tier: 2 Plays gambling Game: 3 Dice
| | 3) Tier: 3 Will steal gold and objects from MOB and gold from PLAYER
| | 4) Tier: 4 Will steal money and objects from MOB and PLAYER, higher sums and more items
| | 5) Tier: - None

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 12:08:52 pm by Leonardo »

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 08:06:26 am »
It isn't very aesthetically pleasing. Though, it gave me a scare as I thought my golem didn't level up properly.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 12:17:24 am »
My T3 golem is level 35, instead of level 40.

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 12:20:51 am »
Thanks Lionheart. You're a nice guy.

No need to send you the log. I re-checked it and I did wait until the golem loaded everything into my inventory before logging out. But, I noticed in the next log I had, from yesterday, there was a huge difference in the TNL points. So what I figure happened (during the gap in TNL) was that I got home late on Saturday night and played after having quite a few drinks and either forgot to emet it or died.

It's probably a blessing in disguise, otherwise I would have babied and hung onto my bodyguard golem forever.  I did buy a thief golem and am looking forward to trying it out.  You are probably aware of this by now but Fernando's room no longer gives the instructions how to obtain either the bodyguard or the thief golem. It now looks like an unfinished room. Loran helped me out.

So, please Lionheart accept my appology. I'm not disappointed in the golems. I love them. I'm disappointed in myself for jumping on my first reaction. I have lost so many and sometimes to weird circumstances (in the beginning) that I reacted (posted) without really reasoning it out.

Long live the Golems!
Don't drink and mud.
No,.... don't drink and then post :)

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2008, 12:22:03 am »
My T3 golem can't cast the spells as in the golem helpfile, 'gorder cast' gives "What do you want me to do?"

Leonardo

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2008, 12:38:23 am »
I'm glad the disguise clarified, have fun and Long live the Golem's :-P

Thanks Lionheart. You're a nice guy.

No need to send you the log. I re-checked it and I did wait until the golem loaded everything into my inventory before logging out. But, I noticed in the next log I had, from yesterday, there was a huge difference in the TNL points. So what I figure happened (during the gap in TNL) was that I got home late on Saturday night and played after having quite a few drinks and either forgot to emet it or died.

It's probably a blessing in disguise, otherwise I would have babied and hung onto my bodyguard golem forever.  I did buy a thief golem and am looking forward to trying it out.  You are probably aware of this by now but Fernando's room no longer gives the instructions how to obtain either the bodyguard or the thief golem. It now looks like an unfinished room. Loran helped me out.

So, please Lionheart accept my appology. I'm not disappointed in the golems. I love them. I'm disappointed in myself for jumping on my first reaction. I have lost so many and sometimes to weird circumstances (in the beginning) that I reacted (posted) without really reasoning it out.

Long live the Golems!
Don't drink and mud.
No,.... don't drink and then post :)

Leonardo

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 12:40:46 am »
The gcast script is not in yet, have you seen it in the Golem Updates? I'm working on it today. An advice, don't take the hepfile as the holy bibble, it's not official yet. As example it states gorder cast as commad when it will be gcast spell. The helpfile gets changed as we build and expand the feature.

My T3 golem can't cast the spells as in the golem helpfile, 'gorder cast' gives "What do you want me to do?"