Author Topic: Official Golem Discussions Thread  (Read 42993 times)

Offline Loran

• View Profile
Re: Official Golem Discussions Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2008, 02:39:20 am »
so long story short. i typo'd and killed my own golem and on its death i get.

You receive 595044 experience points.
A shifty looking Golem gathers all his remaining energy and gives Pisinoe his loot.
Your blood freezes as you hear a shifty looking Golem's death cry.

there is no "Pisinoe" or not one i can finger, shouldent i have been its master?

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2008, 03:00:36 am »
I'll look into what caused the script to do that, but:

[ 1864][trIG]  The Island Of The Sirens [ !MAGIC !RECALL !TELEPORT IN !TELEPORT OUT !SUMMON OUT  ] (Field)
[ Exits: None!]
Even at close range, the faces of these bird-women have a wild and alluring
beauty. And even as they tear at your heart with their razor-sharp claws,
you almost welcome the pain.
Love hurts.
 [ 1832] Aglaope, the first siren is playing the lyre.
 [ 1833] Leucosia the second siren is playing the flute.
 [ 1834] Pisinoe, the third siren is singing to the music of her sisters.

Pisinoe is a mob.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:31:59 am by Diandra »

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2008, 09:14:26 pm »
I went to the Guard's Quarters in Hayholt City. My T1 thief golem followed me into the room and it was in perfect health. I typed look corpse and exit, then suddenly got a message that "a shifty looking golem stops following you". I was no longer grouped with it, couldn't track it, it didn't give me any gold or equipment and there was no death message.

It seemed like odd behaviour for the golem, so I bought another one and tried it again. Same thing happened. So, I got another one and tried it again but this time when the corpse wasn't in the room and everything was fine.  So it only seems to happen when the corpse is in the room. I don't know if this is a peculiarity to thief golems or to the corpse being in the room or to something else. I didn't try it with the bodyguard golem because it would have been too expense.

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2008, 10:42:27 pm »
I haven't had a golem in a while, and I love them, so thought I'd give it another try.

Last night, I tried to buy a thief golem but I wasn't able to because I had a mount and apparently golems are jealous. So tonight I was going to try to get the golem first and then see if I could get the mount.

I bought the thief golem and dropped it and it followed me in the tower, the stairways, the hallways and banquet hall. Then as soon as I got to a room called "Beginning of a Dungeon" I got a message "the shifty looking golem stops following you".

I bought another and tried it again. It followed me, but when I typed "exit" in the foyer I got a message that the golem died.

Also, the temporary golem store doesn't seem to be selling the oil anymore.

PS I didn't seem to see in the Golem Manual a mention of the oil and what it does.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 11:22:21 pm by Iwku »

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2008, 02:12:56 am »
Could you please be a bit more specific, Iwku?
There are many dungeons in the game, so what zone were you in when it happened?

If it happens again, please typoreport it in the room where it happened, so we get a vnum.

I'll see what I can do about the ointment and the manual - (by the way, did you type 'trade oil' instead? That might explain it?)

But you'll have to remember that the temporary Golem shop in the gameport is just that - temporary.
The Golems are part of the Fenizia zone, and will only be fully implemented when that zone is back in the game.
We only put a couple of them in the gameport to get them playtested and save some time.
So don't expect things to be perfect. :)

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2008, 06:34:13 pm »
My apologies if the tone of my message came off sounding like complaining. It wasn't intended that way. I know the thief golem is still being tested and I was trying to help test it. I really don't expect things to be perfect...especially when in the testing phase.

I have lost golems in three different places now for no apparent reason. This "official golem thread" was how I thought to communicate it. I hadn't thought of typo'ing it. That's a good idea. I'll do that from now on.  I tried to be specific but I didn't know the name of the RIP castle I was in, just down from the golem store.

It wasn't immediately apparent to me to think "trade oil" vs "buy oil". Maybe I might have figured it out, but the oil wasn't even listed and I know it has been available because Loran had it.

Offline Diandra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2008, 06:17:20 am »
I suggest you still post the problems in here too Iwku.

Lionheart, who's scripting the Golems, doesn't have access to the typolist. So I suggest you typo the rooms where your Golem disappears (Just mention lost golem or something) and I'll post the flags of the rooms in question to your post in here, so he can determine what's causing the loss of your Golem.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2008, 05:26:47 am »
Yeah, please do both. :)
There is probably some script eating the golems in the rooms you mentioned, and the typo command is very good for spotting those, since it gives the exact vnum.