Author Topic: Thief Skills  (Read 8251 times)

Alpha

Thief Skills
« on: September 11, 2008, 11:10:20 am »
hey, i was thinking it would be not too bad of an idea if thieves and rangers were given a low level attack skill for use during combat, many newbies will quit early into their 4D carreers due to boredom (especially thieves) and i understand that this can be a draining task to level a thief if you have no previous skills from another class as all you do during combat is watch the melee spam scroll down and slowly drain your eyes of focus. How about if there was a skill perhaps stab or something along those lines (any basic thing like that) just so you have an in combat skill so its not as boring to begin as a thief. Hunters/Warrior have their kick to spam hit all the time and casters well.. they have more then enough options to smash out during combat but poor old thieves.. well backstab and blackjack are nice but once the fight has started you may aswell light your cigarette and warm up the coffee.

Anyway tell me what you think

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thief Skills
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 12:56:56 pm »
I don't think it's a bad idea as long as it's not a viable option near max level. Specifically because thieves are one of the most powerful classes at max level so giving them more power then would be a bad move, but something relatively weak that'd help level but not be much use for pkill and hard mobs seems reasonable.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 11:22:12 pm »
Rangers have kick, but what about adding kick to thieves, and an ifcheck such that kick does a bit less damage than a warrior's kick?

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 06:12:03 am »
How abut making a sort of Newbie Bonus stab skill, that would work during tier 1, but then more or less be too low damage to be of interest, once they get their other, more powerful skills?
This would make starting as a thief a bit more interesting, without unbalancing the higher tiers.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 02:31:25 am by Molly »

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 06:19:02 pm »
I think the code could be done to give thieves less damage with kick or maybe a longer cool down timer so you can't kick as often as a ranger / warrior could. Just a thought.

Prometheus.