Author Topic: Things that need a fixing  (Read 21582 times)

Offline kitolani

• View Profile
Re: Things that need a fixing
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 03:13:55 pm »
Can we make projectiles more sexy please? As it is now, they're no more fearsome than a fly bite.
I'm not entirely sure if this was done for a reason, or whether these were just the standards for a world
with much less armor to hide behind, but projectiles have the capacity to be extremely entertaining instead of just remaining obsolete.

Weapon        Ammo       Range              Max damage
Throw             -             1                      Avg 10
Grenade          -              1                     Avg 20
Sling             Rock           1                     Avg 10
Bow              Arrow         2                     Avg 20
Crossbow        Bolt           3                     Avg 30
Gun               Bullet          2                     Avg 40

Hrm. If I happen to shoot at somebody ,and in the unlikely probability hit them dead on, I want to see some serious blood. Maybe then even the more skilled players would opt for a more unconventional weapon of choice rather than whatever the strongest sword of the day may be.

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 10:31:05 pm »
Hey can we also make an on/off function to prevent/allow players to GIVE us items? This would prevent item abuse when players load other players with a ton of crap items to slow them down. Accepting items should be voluntary, not the opposite.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 06:08:15 pm »
Yeah.. I want that on mobs too...  :P

Offline Estidn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 07:46:15 pm »
Absolutly not. Thiefs don't need more buffing.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 11:03:10 pm »
Can we make projectiles more sexy please? As it is now, they're no more fearsome than a fly bite.
I'm not entirely sure if this was done for a reason, or whether these were just the standards for a world
with much less armor to hide behind, but projectiles have the capacity to be extremely entertaining instead of just remaining obsolete.

Weapon        Ammo       Range              Max damage
Throw             -             1                      Avg 10
Grenade          -              1                     Avg 20
Sling             Rock           1                     Avg 10
Bow              Arrow         2                     Avg 20
Crossbow        Bolt           3                     Avg 30
Gun               Bullet          2                     Avg 40

Hrm. If I happen to shoot at somebody ,and in the unlikely probability hit them dead on, I want to see some serious blood. Maybe then even the more skilled players would opt for a more unconventional weapon of choice rather than whatever the strongest sword of the day may be.

This might be possible. I think Thotter would probably be the better one to handle this than I.

Prometheus

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 03:42:37 pm »
RANGERS are a rogue based class, giving them enhanced abilities with
short weapons like daggers. They are a speedy class, with many of the
skills for traveling long distances. A ranger's main focus is their
wilderness awareness, and an affinity for animals. They are good
fighters with many high damage skills. But are mostly renown for their
endurance.

Yeah, um....when are we going to actually have things taht help our endurance? Rangers are a severely broken class because they have nothing but basic skills that everyone else already has, and nothing of their own. If this is a "ROGUE" class, it should be fair to say that should have encirlce, or something like it. If they are supposed to ENDURE damage...then they need brace. Something needs to be done about this class. SUPPSEDLY they ahve "high damage skills"...but we don't. We have.....kick..Oh gee, so does everyone else!

So ya, can something be done about this class? I'd like to throw some ideas at you (prom) on GP when you have the chance next. Ranger quite litterally has nothing to compete with.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 05:17:00 am »
So here is a bit of a list of things that I see taht need fixing/tweaking.

Strangle/Throttle/Garotte. Strangle doesn't work on mob past lvl 80, and also stops working after 77% hp of mob..whereas backstab continues to work until 49% HP. IF you manage to kill a mob with strangle, you gain zero XP. Throttle and garotte do not work at all.

SUmmoned mobs (clones/elementals):
I think should be equal to and no greater than player level and tier. They should also have stats based upon your own, and assist in combat. BUT should NOT assist in PKing.
Mounts: Need to be upgradeable. They're just too weak vs. our epic mobs.
mobs within groups: Mobs within a group should not be attackable by any and all players within in a group. Instead they SHOULD get pissed and attack you if you ungroup them, rather than purge immediately. Kinda silly taht they purge. They should purge when you log off tho.
Lifesteal: I don't know about anyone else, but mobs power vs. player is out of whack. Even low levels are managing to actually land encircles in upwards to 5k in dmg..and they're not even epic. We need to truly balance things out a bit. I would suggest fixing/putting lifesteal back in. I'm not sure why it was even taking out, but we really need it back. As if grinding isn't hard enough, imagine what it will be like when people actually play my zone... It is an epic zone, and therefore I plead with thye powers taht be to look kindly on everyone else, and put it back in...otherwise people will need a lot of heals, and not get anywhere fast. The zone was built for groups, and epic players like myself, virisin, and so on. Although it is a quest heavy zone, there is a healthy aspect of hack 'n slash for everyone. I honestly think we need lifesuck in. We just don't have a pbase to force players to group enough.
MOBs: It appears that EVERY single mob can encircle. There is no way every single mob is a rogue. I think MOBs need to be looked at more closely because they're too many uber skills on top of their insane amount of dam dice, and so on. I would suggest an actual MOB AI, or a better defined mob class system where they only ahve what players have within the like classes (mobs with warrior class only ahve warrior class skills) EQUAL TO and NOT EXCEEDING their level and tier. This would greatly balance the mob to player system I think. In the cae of mobs greater than 50, they should not go so far to the point in skill/spell power as to be unbeatable. Everything should be reasonable.
Finally, REMOVE ALIGNMENT BASED SPELLS: Spells should not be accessable by alignments. In fact, if anything they should effect your alignment instead. There is no reason for alignment based spells/skills, and should be address accordingly. EVIL EYE should also be an alignment changing spell akin to absolve, being a T2 spell rather than a hgh tier spell. There is no reason for this strange unbalance of alignment effecting spells.

That's all!

-Toch
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth

Offline horus

• View Profile
Re: long range combat
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 04:18:58 am »
I will not change the current long range combat for the current system.

Long range combat (bow, firearms, etc) will be modified for the skill tree, and it will be highly beefed up, so that you can decide to be like Legolas if you choose so.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 08:44:02 am »
Fix the fact that people can tunnel into closed zones.  I"m getting tired of rescuing people from them and I really hate seeing things for sale that could only have been gotten from those zones (you may not be able to move out of the zone, but it seems you can fight a mob that's in the room with you).  Besides, Prom's threatening taking away tunneling to fix it and I"m sure the morts wouldn't like that ("Look, another thing they've taken away...").  Also, it would be helpful if we could make rooms that can't be tunneled to at all - even in open areas.

Kvetch