Author Topic: Is leveling fun?  (Read 7752 times)

Offline Fangor

• View Profile
Is leveling fun?
« on: April 25, 2009, 03:31:50 pm »
-
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:26:28 am by Fangor »

Sarias

Re: Is leveling fun?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 06:17:17 pm »
I don't know, leveling is still fun to me, but that's probably because I only have 12 remorts. :P

However, while it is fun, its gets lonely. >_> (I blame it on the years of rp and chatting I've done >_<) Group leveling seems to take care of that, though I did notice that dinos seems to give the most (and also easier) exp for bigger groups compared to other zones like dark planet where every other mob is aggro (and harder) but still gives less. Praerie is also another suggestion, but it doesn't give as much either, maybe enough for a group of three. So I believe you're right in saying that there are not many high level, massive mob areas (or atleast none that I can think of at the moment.)

Though there are other aspects of the game that are still fun, if you find leveling boring. Farming, trading, and misc jobs can be entertaining, also rp can be fun too if you can find someone willing to play with (hint).

Just my two cents. :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 06:23:24 pm by Sarias »

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 09:10:03 am »
Come on man, there are plenty to do. I will give you a typical session of mudding for me:-

Lick Sarias
Oggle at Sarias.
Go and kill some mobs.
Rest at recall after so much excitement.
Lick Kitolani.
Lick Loran.
Go to fountain and cool tongue off in the water.
Peek under Riley's skirt.
Go back to fountain to cool down again.
Compare penis size with Estidn.
Flirt with Loran, have a hot and heavy session.
NOW compare penis size with Estidn!
Throw pies at Thotter.
Go and check if Riley is idling, then grope her.
Spam her room so she missed the part where I groped her.
Tell pook guy Hayato, 'Diu li'.
Sit on beanbag, put cotton buds in ear, and ask Thotter about anarchism.
Sleep ZzzzZZzzzZZZzzzzz
Get woken up by Thotter. Oh sorry man...that was interesting....I'm just old...cant stay away..ZzzzZZzzzZZ

See Fangorino? Only once did I go out to level because there are so many other things you can do!!!

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 04:43:29 pm »
I see Horus is being "honorable" by not mentioning the time he spends with me.

How sweet. *bonks Horus on his head*  Opps.. that was supposed to be a pet....

Kvetchy

Offline Riley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 08:46:21 am »
Once upon a time in a dimension far far away.  There used to be great trainers that could teach you everything.  Than one day an egotistical Tyrant came and killed all the GREAT trainers in the realm.  Thus killing my fun in leveling. The End of the SECOND GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD!

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 06:15:51 pm »
Well as it stands there is no realm point aside from finding the right gear, and thus having a good boost in stats so that you can safely quest. There is no true class system. Everything was just thrown together, publihshed, and then gimped harcore.

4D has always been more quest heavy coupled with tons of grinding, but we never had the high lvl area shortage like we do currently.

I would actually propose (I dunno if such a code exists) a system where mobs are only as powerful as the player. Meaning taht if a level 10 player goes up against a mob, it will be around the right kind of level for him/her to gain xp on. This way we dont have such huge level gaps betwene zones.

Leveling would be a lot more fun if we could get this class system finished, and posted for reveiw because then everyone could not only have their own niches in 4D taht benefits everyone, and creates true diversity, but also the drive to truly go out and level knowing that it is doing me some good. GM is for the most part useless aside form our spellups. Can't even solo Gojira or the leviathon anymore. Oh and on top of that Ranger is (altho still my fav) gimped as hell...we ourselves have no niche whatsoever. We can use short and long weapons? Oh, tahts SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome...yeah I still use shields because dual weilding is lame and gets you killed harcore. Yeah, the system needs some change. But not the kind of change where we throw out bailout packages and tirllion of dollars that will bankrupt a country :D

-Tochie
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 08:27:02 pm »
Tochie,

It's already scripted.  It's called Wawat mobs.

Kvetch