Poll

Do you think mounts, a staple of 4D, should be tweaked, and skills affecting them (trample) should be looked at?

Yes (actually 1 more vote than tehre really is, deleted second yes choice)
7 (77.8%)
No
0 (0%)
I dont own mounts, but would like to
1 (11.1%)
I love lamp
0 (0%)
I like mudkips
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Mounts, and Mount Skills  (Read 9387 times)

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
Mounts, and Mount Skills
« on: June 04, 2009, 03:57:30 am »
Fiachra suggested I do this- so I am.

here is the issue at hand (confirmed): Trample has a horrible land rate. I've an almost maxed skill and landed once out of 17 times. the lag is ginormous (big). I think it may need some slight tweaking due to it's horrible land rate.

second: As players grow stronger, their mounts stay behind- However players NEED to go to higher level areas in order to grind, meanwhile their mounts just get destroyed by aggies left and right. What I would suggest is the ability to buy set tiers to ones mount. The reason being is that it is the only way to give THEM a "fighting" chance to survive vs. large aggy mobs before we can save them, and heal. They dont assist, so there would be no abuse. Their only function is for us to ride, save stamina/mv loss, and get slight dmg bonuses from them. They hard ever come into PK fights, and we can't order our mounts around- so aside from griding/exploring, they are useless. I would propose a 2 silver/tier for perzed mounts. It gives them the stamina, and mv increase that could come in VERY handy when going into mazes and such- In the long run this only benefits us in small areas, but they are helpful nethertheless.

-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Tor

• View Profile
Re: Mounts, and Mount Skills
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 05:21:01 am »
Hm... There seems to be something funny about the poll... Two opportunities to vote for :yes", one for "no", one for "I don't own mounts, but would like to" and one for "I like lamp". When I looked there were two votes both for different yeses, giving yes 50 percent.

What does the lamp statement refer to?  :-\

Offline kitolani

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:36:55 pm »
It's I love lamp. Get it right or pay the price. :-*

I thought that when I had initially bought my mount, that I paid for the tier 4 model.  She's certainly tier 2 now, however, and can't really hold up in any sort of combat situation. Like Toch, I mainly use the beast to spare my mv/stamina.
I'm sure there'd be drawbacks to having beastly mounts of power, but I'm not sure what they'd be.

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:38:45 pm »
Thats because Tochy really wants you to vote yes....
Might be a good idea to revise the poll to vote on one thing

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 07:04:48 pm »
It's I love lamp. Get it right or pay the price. :-*

I thought that when I had initially bought my mount, that I paid for the tier 4 model.  She's certainly tier 2 now, however, and can't really hold up in any sort of combat situation. Like Toch, I mainly use the beast to spare my mv/stamina.
I'm sure there'd be drawbacks to having beastly mounts of power, but I'm not sure what they'd be.

AS far as I can see in the priceguide, the highest mount you can buy is level 50 (6 silver).  I see nothing about tiers in there, but maybe I"m working with an older copy?

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 11:31:46 pm »
You're very uch correct Kvetch- There IS no price guy for mount tiers. Hence why we should discuss the implementation of buying tiers.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 12:51:25 am »
The problem is we don't want mounts to be too buff. The Admin staff will need to discuss this some more.

Prometheus

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 01:15:13 am »
I just can't see how they would get buff. I can kill my mount is seconds, in fact two kicks from me would end its life. In fact, when we get lucky enough to randomly load a T1. or a T2- they're still weak. I've gotten a T3 I think TWICE the entire time of owning a mount, and it did last the longest outta all my mounts, and really great for stamina wise. So I'm not sure I can understand how they'd BE buff considering I've experienced a T3 mount.

Any chance the IMM staff could actually give us some numbers? One thing the staff should remember is that the MOBs are powerful, and us uber players need to fight them. Our mounts were not designed for the uber mob lvl increase that was implemented so many years ago when we first got dinos and BP and so on. The Mounts need to be able to keep up with them.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 01:35:26 am »
Oh- another thing. Could we see about actually fixing mounts so that we don't have to house a mount in order for it to follow our orders? Seems kind of silly to have to do that.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 09:36:24 am »
Oh- another thing. Could we see about actually fixing mounts so that we don't have to house a mount in order for it to follow our orders? Seems kind of silly to have to do that.

In other words, your mount isn't worth enough in battles for you to use your house recall item and then type house mount and then type recall...  That's sheer laziness.  My only difficulty every with my mort's mount has been to remember the command "house mount". 
Now, having said that: I"m sure your real point is this... since there is already a copy of my mount in the mud (wherever I left it when I logged off) then why can't I just have it follow and group with me again.  It is odd, but unless we have the aspca come after your abandoned mount - or in Pimp Daddy Jason's case the Coppers - we'll just have personal mounts abandonded all over the place (mostly at recall - can you see that scene?).  While I understand the point, I just think we'd end up having a mud of abandoned mounts - and don't dicount the fact that ANYONE can mount a personal mount - which is even sillier than having to go home and type house mount.

Kvetch