Author Topic: Creating a Fighting league.  (Read 24567 times)

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
Creating a Fighting league.
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:42:12 pm »
I think we should create a some sort of fighting league, for pkers, (maybe another one for none pkers),
so we can keep records of fights and losses, and it runs over a year and in the end of every month there will be some sort of elimination, and at the end of every year, a big royal rumble, or something diffrent but same idea, to settle who the over all winner of the league will be, could also, make it so you could,
create teams, and no matter the clan, form a fighting team, and so on instead of single fighting, that is.
the single will still be, but as a second thing to choose, from a team based fighting league could be good too and interesting, you could mix and match, casters, rogues and melees, say 5 persons per team,
now that would be super duper fun, anyways let me know you're ideas and thoughts of this.
Don J

Offline Kalana

• Sicilian
    • View Profile
Re: Creating a Fighting league.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 12:51:28 pm »
I like the idea, even as a non-PKer, although I wouldn't necessarily have divided them into people with the PK flag and those without.

Perhaps you could have 6 monthly tournaments or so, every other month (January, March, May, etc) and then you gain points depending on how many you win in those.  Then, at the end of the year, the two people with the highest points fight for 1st and 2nd place, then the 2 people with the third highest and fourth highest fight for third and fourth, that sort of thing.  You could also splice in the teams wherever you like.

I just don't know if every month is too regular or not.  People need time for eats and stuff, too.  :)

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:54:45 pm »
I could make it that for the arena - arena can be opened for individual battles or for team battles. I could also make it so we can have capture the flag style team battles as well. And maybe have a running tally that awards the team a trophy at the end of the month.

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:57:00 pm »
Well i didn't mean that there would be fights every single day.. ;-)
But yeah maybe during 1 week every month, all who is partaking,
have that week to battle their adversarie, then 3 weeks off to level or do what not,
and so on. im SAying again SECOND the fighing team creating idea, that would be so cool!
you'd be like priest,gypsy,thief,warrior! *DROOL* it would be awesome all of it keep posting ideas and suggestions woohoo

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 12:58:45 pm »
yes horus awesome, capture the flag just as we talked about before but in diffrent circumstances,
thats a kickass idea. and capture the flag, idea, maybe the team who can defend their title of the flag, the most times during a year, will get their team name (peopel in team) on a plaque or alike in hall of fame eh ;-)?

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 01:01:57 pm »
Also could add more varietys of contests you can run, kept capture the flag,
maybe Deathrun of some sort, that you run around for 5 mintues killing as many as you can,
if you die you respawn immediatly and with limited spells, as armor bless sanc, and after 5 minutes the one who killed most and with least losses wins or something like that

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 07:01:35 pm »
Ok.  If Jason's broken down and posted, I MUST reply.  I like the idea of a fight club like thing.  I really like the idea of having a choice of different types of arena (at least that seems to be what's being said - with referral to capture the flag and what not -but I could be misreading).

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 11:11:52 am »
Here is the draft of what the fighting league would be:-
* GMs can form a team. Each team will have a maximum of 5 members.
* Each team costs 500M to set up. Each member costs an extra 50M.
* Each competition/event entered will cost each team 10M.
* All costs will come out of the team treasury. Prizes will be paid into the treasury.
* Further prizes may be awarded for the team with the most wins/points at the end of each period (could be monthly, quarterly, half yearly - depending on how often the events run)

We will try to run an event once per day, 5 days a week. If the weekends are busy, we will run it then too.

Ultimate Mayhem
This is the only event a non-team player can enter. Its a free-for-all, every man for himself. There are two events for this category:-
1. Raw Power - Your character enter as is, minus potions/scrolls/wands.
2. Classic - You get to choose a T4 class with pre-set equipment and skills/spells.

Team Slayer
The first team to score 25 kills wins! Everytime a team member dies, they get re-spawned, however, there will be a delay before they can re-enter the game.
1. Absolute Carnage - every member gets to choose a T4 GM! Eq/spells/skills will be pre-set.
2. Classic - already explained.
3. Elimination - each member starts as a T4 class, and every death eliminates the player immediately (no respawns). Last team standing wins.

Capture the Flag
Each team has a flag to defend, and at the same time, they must capture a flag of their opponents. Once a flag is taken, the flag bearer must bring it back to their base. If a flag is captured, that team gets eliminated. Each flag bearer can carry one flag, so if a team has more than one flag, that team survives. Finally, the the flag bearer will walk extremely slowly, and will also have half their max hp. Once there is only two teams left, the game starts again with only those two teams and one flag each. Winner is the first team that captures the flag. Re-spawn will be longer than any of the other games, so you have to be extra careful.

Finally, I will say this with a proviso, there has been no discussions with any immies so I wont guarantee anything will be done. Add to that, I have quite a few projects on hand that I am working on, so the priority of this project is dependent on how well you lobby the immies.

Offline Rynock

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 06:16:15 pm »
I believe this is a good idea and i will back it fully seem's like a fun option for us non pker's to get more constant PK experience with each class and skills and spells so i hope it comes through.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 07:32:25 pm »
*goes about and lobbies the immies* 

Oh wait.. I am one.  *blushes*  Guess this sorta means you've got my vote.

Kvetchy

Offline kitolani

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 04:30:34 pm »
So are we breaking out the gladiators to run these events, or are we going to use our own characters?

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 12:26:28 am »
That is still open to debate. I told Horus about the gladitors and the arena for it. So I guess we need to see what Molly thinks on it.

Prometheus

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 04:09:28 am »
I thought I described each game event clearly - there are some games that will use pre-made characters, similar to gladiators, and there are some that will only use your character as is, minus potions/wands/scrolls.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 05:07:26 pm »
If we're going to use other characters than our own for certain things, why not use the gladiators and that arena for it?  It should make those things a little quicker on setting up since we shouldn't have to balance the classes and what not as I believe the gladiators are pretty much balanced.  But then, I don't know how code works so maybe it would be harder.

Kvetch

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 07:03:14 pm »
They're balanced

-player behind Demisse
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!