Author Topic: Java Application on website doesn't work  (Read 5567 times)

Sarias

Java Application on website doesn't work
« on: September 26, 2009, 11:54:27 am »
Alright, I normally don't complain, but this time I will since it's been broken for at least a month. :P But the java application to play the mud on the website doesn't work. Some of us are college students and our college's do not allow us to download stuff like "mud applications" so we rely on the java client on the website to play. Right now I'm using mudgamer's java client to play but it's still completely tedious to get to. Could someone please look at this problem? Thanks. :)

Offline Diandra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Java Application on website doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 01:23:35 pm »
It's something Mordecai had setup, it still connects to the game but there's no output to the user, making it useless.

I'll let him know it's broken because I don't know if anyone else from the staff can do something about it.

There's also the option to connect through telnet, but not every internetbrowser supports that anymore. Have a look at http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/mudinfo-4dimensions.html and click next to the telnet adress (telnet://4dimensions.org:6000) and see if it allows you to connect.

There's also another website that lets you connect to 4d but that one is even more tedious than the one that is used on mudgamers.

Sarias

Re: Java Application on website doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 01:33:08 pm »
Thank you so much. Yeah, the telnet is not working on my school's computer either. I'm using mudgamers for now, I just thought I'd let you guys know just in case other people were trying to use the client since I believe virisin was saying he couldn't connect.