Would You Support A PWipe?

Yes
16 (48.5%)
No
12 (36.4%)
Depends
5 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Player Wipe (PWipe)  (Read 108808 times)

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
Player Wipe (PWipe)
« on: November 09, 2009, 04:39:26 pm »
Pretty basic, would you support a PWipe, yes or no. If you're a current player would it cause you to leave, if you're an oldbie that doesn't really actually play anymore, would it cause you to come back and do stuff again?

If you chose depends, explain what it depends on, say, if you'd support a pwipe if it were coupled with some big system change or whatever.

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
Re: Player Wipe (PWipe)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 04:58:59 pm »
For me it just depends on if we would lose our perzes and so on, or be given token compensation if we do. Some of us more token poor players like to cling to what we have earned.

For me losing mana, and mv doesn't bother me in the least. I'd hate to lose the GM bonuses I busted my ass for, but hey... if it's for the good of the mud, and skill trees get put in...and PK gets fixed, and everything is generally on a road to being balanced, yeah sure I'll support a pwipe.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 05:04:09 pm »
If (very, very strong if because no one ever listens to me anyway) we have a pwipe, I'd be very much against any tokens/gold/perzes/houses carrying over. I don't mind if they stay 'in the game' as long as they had to be bought back at the correct prices. Reason:

If I get to keep 3 houses say, as well as all my perzes, but I don't keep my equipment, I'm obviously going to go get all my equipment back, and while I'm at it I'll finish all the other quests I've done. Meaning I'll end up with something like 10 gold tokens again, and I don't have anything to spend them on. That's the kind of thing that ruins a pwipe right from the start, unbalances things immediately and causes inflation from the get go.

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 05:17:50 pm »
What about clans? And clan leaders? Do clans get completely wiped? How do we decide who runs the clans post pwipe?

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 05:21:53 pm »
I'd be for wiping Mordonosse to be honest.. And removing Wamphyre from clan info because it's not a real clan. Otherwise current clan leaders would lead clans post pwipe and they'd stay.

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 05:26:51 pm »
So people who have politicked their way into clan leadership will get to keep some power, but everyone else will have their perzes, houses, etc destroyed?

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 05:27:30 pm »
I voted Yes. I don't think anything should be carried over but clans. If we were to get rid of the clans then I would say there should be some way of preserving the ones we have. And as time goes on and we attain more players slowly open up new clans, or prior existing ones back up. As for leaders, either keep them the same, or simply hold a vote. Have the mud vote for whom they think is most appropriate as that leader. Only fair?
Snazzy Signature Block Goes Here

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 05:33:50 pm »
So people who have politicked their way into clan leadership will get to keep some power, but everyone else will have their perzes, houses, etc destroyed?
Ok, I agree, Once should have CL of Vampires removed, everyone else should keep their clan leadership.  :-*

I don't really mind to be honest, I don't think clans should be deleted and I'm not fussed how people sort out who should be clan leader of who, I just don't think being a clan leader gives any inherent advantages compared to not being a clan leader, and so it's not something that matters if it carries over from a pwipe. It's not as if you pay tokens to become a clan leader and so you're gaining a benefit and being able to get tokens back, politicking can always happen and is not restricted by anything.

Sarias

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 05:57:39 pm »
I dunno, seeing that it is bloody hard to get tokens now then it was back then, I wouldn't like the idea of having a pwipe. Unless I could throw all my items in a vault or something then I wouldn't mind that. Or they allow us to lumberjack again for tokens. >_>

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 06:18:15 pm »
Well, a problem currently is that it was very hard to get tokens, and then it was very easy, and then it was very hard again. And a lot of people exploited the time when it was very easy, meaning some people have houses and things and don't even deserve them. Tokens are actually meant to be hard to get, a house is meant to be a huge reward and unfortunately, with the amount of bugs this code has had there are a lot of things - not only tokens - that some players have had the advantage of just being active at the time of the bug to be able to exploit. This means some players will simply never have the chance to get lots of the things some of the older players have.

I think if we do end up implementing the new skill trees system the other thread talks about it would be a great time to equalize everything and really rejuvenate the mud. I am of course open to counter arguments, because although I'm almost never wrong.. No, to be honest I'm never wrong and this poll is just a facade.  :P

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 06:46:08 pm »
Oh, I forgot to say I'd play again, because I"d have something new to do!

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 07:01:41 pm »
Thotter agrees he'd play again, as does Asmodeus. Pwipe seems quite nice currently. I want to hear what everyone thinks though.

Sarias

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 07:34:20 pm »
While pwipes sound pretty nice, isn't it just the same as deleting your character and starting over again? I've done that twice myself (once because I was hacked another cause I hadn't logged on in awhile) and it never actually changed the game for me. Sure it might have helped me figure out what classes to start out with or remort to, but it never made the whole leveling process fun again. It is still as tedious and time consuming as ever (especially since I started out as a caster and pretty much all I had to do was copy paste everything 1000x times to kill a mob. There was really no strategy). So my only concern is with this pwipe, will there be any changes to make leveling actually exciting? Hopefully I'm not the only person that thinks leveling is god awful boring in its current state. >>
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:39:32 pm by Sarias »

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 07:46:23 pm »
This pwipe would go along with the said class system, tier tree changes. So a whole new system will  be in place. Making levelling a whole new experience for everyone.

Offline thotter

• Lord Of All Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 08:05:43 pm »
Oi virisin, don't misrepresent my opinion.
I said that a pwipe would be an awesome chance to really balance the game and all that, but that it would not be worth it if it completely killed the player base.