Author Topic: Stats in 4D - Moved from Pwipe thread  (Read 25175 times)

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stats in 4D - Moved from Pwipe thread
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 11:20:00 am »
No but I mean, if I go through a zone and give mercy to all the mobs and get slightly less exp for doing slightly less work as Molly said, and my friend goes through finishing them off.. Does he get full exp for killing them afterwards or could it be coded so he gets the remainder of the exp I essentially left with the mob by giving it mercy.

Same kinda thing applies with if I just kill all the mobs I give mercy to directly afterwards.

Viri, baby, I am not quite as naive as that. :P

I know some of you guys would abuse the heck out of any feature, if given half the chance, so naturally the mob will go and purge itself discreetly, right after expressing its undying gratitude. Unless the mercy were part of a quest, in which case killing it directly after you gave it mercy would be just stupid, since it would ruin the quest for you.

I don't think mercy should be align based. There are perfectly valid reasons why a totally evil person could choose to give someone mercy, based on a grander all-evil scheme.

I don't think you should make an all-or-nothing choice either. Again it would be perfectly logical to spare the life of one mob, but not another. So the choice should be made each time.
Of course, not all mobs would cry for mercy. This would be based on a mobflag added in OLC.

As for the delay in the fight, I would have thought that to be the part of the feature that you'd like best. After battling a mob for quite some time, you'd get a 1-2 second's delay, in which you'd get time to spell up, in case you don't choose to spare the mob's life. The poor mob wouldn't get the same chance, so it's a win-win situation for the player.

Offline kitolani

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 02:10:36 pm »
So you're going to beat the hell out of something, and then let it live as a bloody pulp of the being it used to be, then call that mercy? Haha, goodness. I get it to some extent, as Kitolani doesn't kill baby buffalo or kids, but she doesn't attack them either. If it's going to affect your align in a way that is detrimental, can't we instead allocate more exp to trading so that we have more options than just grinding mobs? :-\

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 09:39:02 pm »
I would like to see more experience for quests and trading, rather than just 50k here and there.

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 08:37:15 pm »
I would like to see more experience for quests and trading, rather than just 50k here and there.
Second.that.
Exp.rewards.worth.noticing.o/