Author Topic: Maxloads & Timers  (Read 4592 times)

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
Maxloads & Timers
« on: December 03, 2009, 09:11:09 pm »
There's bound to be a topic on this somewhere already but I can't find it, oh well.

I'm fairly sure we reached a consensus that maxloads can be done away with altogether (correct me if I'm wrong) which is fantastic. Because of this, I think we can do away with the majority of timers (which were only put in because of crappy maxloads in the first place) now too. Tinkers and staves should keep their timers because they're strong items that are easy to acquire and don't take any real time or effort. Artifacts, mining EQ and any other item in the game with a timer though should have it removed. And timers should only run whilst online, not both online and offline (which was a little implementation that was never fully finished anyway and should be fixed even nothing else is)

Putting timers and maxloads and things on items that actually require people to spend time and effort on in the game in order to get in the first place is the biggest discouragement ever. I just want to make sure maxloads are being removed, and hoping that timers on everything except for tinkers and staves will be removed too.