Author Topic: Group Recognition Code  (Read 6673 times)

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
Group Recognition Code
« on: December 28, 2009, 12:42:00 am »
I've always bee big about zones that promote grouping, including small raidable areas (LONG LONG before WoW thought of it) based upon the old days when people WOULD band together to fight big mobs over and over to get pieces of eq and stuff. Most of the player has never experienced that on the new code, and since we're about to go through some big changes assuming ptesting is successful, then I would like to try and further some of our raid party plans Horus has.

Is there a way to create a GROUP RECOGNITION CODE/COMMAND that allows people to enter a zone together as a group, and have that zone recognize it as such? Let's say a zone has a minimum group of 3 people req, with a suggested group of 5. Just two people cannot enter the small site, but 3+ people CAN, and are FLAGGED as such.

Also, should anyone LEAVE a group, that person is automatically expelled from the group required zone. If the group drops below the required minimum then all are transported back to recall.

I'd like to see something like this. It could make making tiny little dungeon areas really fun, and it could easily be coupled with some of Horus's grouping ideas.

-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline kitolani

• View Profile
Re: Group Recognition Code
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 08:47:20 pm »
Wtf is a WoW?  ???
This sounds like a fun idea, imho.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Group Recognition Code
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 08:13:48 pm »
WOW = World of Warcraft an paid online MMO

Prometheus