Author Topic: Future Clan Contests  (Read 67962 times)

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
Re: Future Clan Contests
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2011, 05:28:17 am »
I think you should just take a few minutes and realize that all these new shitty stuff,
you keep implementing, is horrible, and not really bringing anything to the mud,
except making it worse. i smell desperate additions, that only lead to faulty implementations, that in the end
will just be in the game to no use or joy for anyone. why is it you are never fixing the problems of existing shit.
you continuosly add new half broken shit instead. If you would bother to put half the time to fix existing things that has been broken for years or not working correctly for years.... instead of adding new awfull things....
you can't fix a broken thing by adding more things that will end up broken and left for years without fixing.  ;D

stop implementing bad shit........

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2011, 05:33:53 am »
the point of my so awe inspiring post was, fix what is broken before ya'll,
implement 50 half-assed ideas..   :D

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2011, 05:46:02 am »
Jason's actually onto something here.. 4d is already quite feature rich, it's just that every feature is broken.

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2011, 07:53:37 am »
Not a fan of the tiered crown idea.

Raidable/non-Raidable sections of the clan hall is an idea to look more at.

This is a bit off topic (I blame Jason)... is it possible to take some time on figuring out how to make leveling at first a bit more newbie-friendly?  I've seen two newbies in the past few days complain about how hard it is to level.  And then the only way they seem to be happy (because it seems to go so slowly) is if they're power-leveled.

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2011, 08:38:59 am »
true asmodeus, but what they really should DO,
is to bring back the way grouping worked before,
very fond memories of massive groups taken route to dinos.
with that kind of grouping again, eventually you could add more areas of harder mobs for grouping expeditions.
would be fun, is all im saying...   ;D

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2011, 04:41:00 pm »
Yeah even I don't level cause it takes too long.

Loria

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2011, 09:40:06 pm »
I thought the tiered reward sounded pretty good. And I like making this event optional.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2011, 12:32:37 am »
Jason's actually onto something here.. 4d is already quite feature rich, it's just that every feature is broken.

Every feature is broken? Don't you guys exaggerate a bit here?

So be a bit more constructive give us a list of all features that are broken, and preferably also explain in what way.
That would make it easier for the coders to fix it.

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2011, 12:40:56 am »
I'd say it's a bit of an exaggeration. Sure deeds can be improved upon. But I think 4d doesn't really have a lot of features. Gladiators were implemented, but I think it should have been done differently, to a point where I think people would enjoy it more. I can go into that idea again on another thread sometime. Right now we have deeds and king of clans on the plate.

We don't have crafting, fishing is very limited but still there, farming was popular when it rewarded tokens but when switched to tradepoints kind of lost interest. 

Really our primary features that we are known for is our world and our quests. But those aren't truly features in my opinion. All muds  have zones and sort of quests. But actual things (features) to spice up the life of the mud, for people to gather and group and have fun, that's what is lacking, that other muds have and what we need here. These clan changes are intended to do just that, and the deeds helped with Chaos, as Asmo used in his recruitment post.

Perhaps we need more elite zones that are impossible to solo, but need groups to go to. However the experience yielded per mob would have to be worth it. If you can kill 20 dino's and get 200mil exp in 10min and it takes you 10min to kill 5 mobs in the new zone and they only yield 350mil total, you'd rather go solo and get the experience quicker. We can actually just simply make zones like Dark Planet and Prehistoric Forest have harder mobs, so there is no need for new zones. Groups pretty much work like they did in the olden days. Leader everyone would follow and be primary tank, while the last person in the group would be secondary tank, just in case a random mob would walk in and attack. Since they attack the last person to enter the room. From what I remember that's how it worked in the old code. It is just a lot easier to solo these days then it was back then. I remember rip in time zone being a challenge for many people back then... that says a lot I think.
Snazzy Signature Block Goes Here

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2011, 01:38:28 am »
I am still wondering what all those broken features are.
Jason and Virisin, you made the claim, so provide me with a list.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2011, 02:37:33 am »
Hamstring still doesn't work for one.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2011, 02:47:29 am »
If we're actually talking features though:

Races: races are implemented with rather ridiculously willy-nilly bonuses, most of which are not remotely equal.
Classes: classes are implemented in a way that totally removes any diversity, and most show no signs of use except when forced to.
Skills: skills fall into 3 broad categories: damage, buff, debuff, and all are virtually just different names for the same thing. Less than 20 skills are actually good.
Spells: spells fall into 3 broad categories too: damage, buff, debuff, and all are again virtually just different names for the same thing. There are very few spells anyone bothers using because it's generally quite easy to see the spells that have the ideal damage/cost ratios.
Remorts: remorts are one of 4d's major unique features, the feature is sort of trampled all over though and loses it's way so that remorts arn't actually a cool way of trying out different classes, they're just an annoying loss in strength players are forced into every so often in a seemingly retarded experience curve.
Tiers: this feature is another quite unique feature to 4d which is one of the major ones trampling all over remorts.
Trading, tokens, gold: this feature is extremely inflated due to a lot of things and is thus relatively irrelevant.

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2011, 03:48:17 am »
Would be really cool if the classes actually worked and was balanced out,
so that you could remort into more then 2-3 different classes... variation is more fun!
also as virisin said the bonuses for races are kinda strange, indians,gringos,
get little to no bonus at all... why would anyone want to be one.. maybe change that a bit,
and the actuall bonuses, shouldnt that be made more race based?... farming,fishing,and lumberjacking etc etc.
would be totally awesome if they were actually giving out something worthwhile in the end.. ;D
and as virisin said aswell, spells/skills would be awesome if all the skills/spells available actually were usefull.   :D

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2011, 09:00:13 am »
Tiers and remorts are not unique to 4D.

As to all your other points Viri, I agree. Everything is all the same, skills and spells are just rehashes of the same thing.

Jason, what you are saying is, all classes are very similar to play with, and if you want to fix that, it means you need to change things quite drastically. And guess what? You will also need to add quite a few different skills and spells too. So, things arent really broke, the actual infrastructure is broke - so when we suggested changing the structure, you whined. You will need to make drastic changes to make classes different to play with and we have discussed this in other threads.

4D does not really have that many features, and with the limited time available to coders, it wont be that easy to implement a whole rash of changes, especially with the spaghetti western code that 4D has inherited.

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2011, 09:10:06 am »
there are alot of features that are unused that was mentioned just before your,
post.... why? cause they give nothing of worth anymore..your sayin you need to tear,
down the entire mud to balance out and make spells skills that suck and have no use actually good?
that sounds like your sniffing for pwipe all over again..  >:(