Author Topic: Gold per Kill equation  (Read 16050 times)

Leonardo

Gold per Kill equation
« on: April 03, 2008, 03:55:38 pm »
I strongly believe you should verify, check and recheck your current Gold equation.
Right now this is what happens:
Kill level 60 mob at tier 0 - in my case 5 hits without being hit once - get 300k Gold.
Kill level 40 mob at tier 4 - in my case 30 hits and being hit for 700hp - get 60k Gold - and I also have to spend gold on two potions to regen my hp.

The conclusion I see is that the gold equation doesn't consider the mob tier but just the mob level.
I'd like to see the current gold equation if it's possible and if anyone who has seen it can think about a way to fix or rebuild it.

Also I really think this is a major issue and should be considered around high priority.

Offline Robert

• Pawn star.
    • MSN Messenger - geamu@hotmail.it
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - geamu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Hive
    • Email
Re: Gold per Kill equation
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 04:05:50 pm »
check out my user, it rocks haha, and ur ideea is wack!
Shorty is cool, I rule, Virisin is a fool.
Rawr!!

Offline thotter

• Lord Of All Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 04:06:10 pm »
I think the equation should be something like amount_for_tier_0 + 0.5*tier*amount_for_tier_0. That might be too steep though. Or too unsteep. What do you guys think?

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 08:30:19 pm »
Can  you explain that in english, thotts?  I wanted to put in numbers to get an idea of if it was too steep or whatnot, but couldn't figure out your equation.

Offline thotter

• Lord Of All Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 08:42:13 pm »
Can  you explain that in english, thotts?  I wanted to put in numbers to get an idea of if it was too steep or whatnot, but couldn't figure out your equation.
Apologies!
I meant that for tier 0 everything stays as it is.
Then for tier 1, you get 1.5x as much as you would get for a tier 0 mob of that level.
tier 2 you get 2x as much.
tier 3 2.5x.
tier 4 3x.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 08:47:06 pm »
So, using easy numbers:

If a tier 0 mob gave you 100 gold (sha right, we don't have gold that low, I don't think), a tier 1 mob would give you 150 gold, tier 2 gives  you 200, tier 3 250 and tier 4 300.  Is that what I'm seeing?

Offline thotter

• Lord Of All Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 08:50:42 pm »
So, using easy numbers:

If a tier 0 mob gave you 100 gold (sha right, we don't have gold that low, I don't think), a tier 1 mob would give you 150 gold, tier 2 gives  you 200, tier 3 250 and tier 4 300.  Is that what I'm seeing?
Yes yes, that's exactly what you're seeing.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 10:42:42 pm »
I think the multiplier should be exponential instead of linear. As in, a T1 mob isn't just a 'bit' more difficult than a T0 mob, and a T2 mob isn't just the same 'bit' more difficult than a T1 mob.

That being said, I would think that the base gold given to a mob should be reduced a bit slightly (T0 mobs are really pushovers, even level 120 T0 mobs given that you have decent speed), and the formulae could be something like a + a*(t^(a/b)).

a - gold given for a particular level mob
t - tier level
a/b - a suitable ratio which lies between 1 and 2, ie, a > b && a < 2b.

But would the above equation be feasible only if the number of T0, T1, T2, T3 and T4 mobs are equal? Ie, in the entire game, there are let's say, 1000 T0 mobs, 1000 T1 mobs, 1000 T2 mobs, 1000 T3 mobs, and 1000 T4 mobs. Then the gold given by the higher level mobs would help subsidize healing potions / spellup potions used to kill them.

In the game, the majority of mobs are T0s and T1s in most areas, and the gold given by them would (somehow), balance the low gold given by the T2, T3, and T4 mobs. I would assume that a normal player (well, maybe just me), just levels in areas with many T0, T1 mobs (xp gain faster, only if the number of T0, T1 mobs > T2,3,4 mobs in a similar area), and uses the gold to go occasionally against a higher tier mob if it is a quest mob / holds decent eq.

In fact...I..er...haven't ran out of money when fighting higher level tier mobs, but instead have increased the amount in my bank account. So I'd say keep the equation as it is, or change it but reduce the amount of gold gained per level, or just reduce the amount of gold gained per level.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 10:49:52 pm by erwin »

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 01:31:02 am »
I think the equation should definitely change to reflect the higher difficulty with tiered mobs.

But I also think the amount of gold given should be generally lowered.
The amount of gold that high level players can collect is ridiculous, especially since people figure out various nifty ways to circumvent the cap put on max-gold by the code.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 04:23:25 pm »
And animals/reptiles/etc should never, ever give gold because they have no pockets to keep it in.

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 04:42:25 pm »
Who needs pockets? Maybe tthey carried it in their mouth :P. Maybe their a kangaroo, and they DO have a pocket!

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 07:21:58 pm »
Reminds me of a roleplaying session I ran once where there was a character that always disected every monster they killed - on the off chance that they'd swallowed coins/gems or what not.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 03:45:32 am »
The overall equation needs 2 things: less gold given out overall, and more variation with dependence on tier. Erwin has the right idea.

Leonardo

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 05:59:39 am »
I would assume that a normal player (well, maybe just me), just levels in areas with many T0, T1 mobs (xp gain faster, only if the number of T0, T1 mobs > T2,3,4 mobs in a similar area), and uses the gold to go occasionally against a higher tier mob if it is a quest mob / holds decent eq.

You assume wrong, since I level only at tier4 mobs. And what is this, trying to make the equation suit your levelling needs? :)

I really don't think it should be that complicated calculating potions, spells, number of mobs. If quest mob the builder can medit it and tweak the money given out manually, no need to consider that in equation.

I believe that things should be made as simple as possible but not any simpler - if you can understand what I mean.

Let the equation consider level and tier and a fixex amount to start it just.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 06:41:11 am »
Well, I assume that from the start because the number of tiered mobs are not equal, being that there are way more T0, T1 mobs than higher tiers, and that the time taken to kill a tiered mob of the same level varies exponentially, as well as the damage taken, and the xp (and gold) gained simply isn't worth it.

Above can be easily seen, an example would be VE asylum and VE docks. Simply put, given a period of time and (non GMed) players (Tor, Seeker, Iwku, etc) levelling there, the number of T2, T3 mobs there will gradually go up.

Supposing that a player reasons logically, they would level up on the lower tier mobs, and leave the higher tiered mobs alone, unless they want a challenge.

PS. changing the equation wouldn't suit my levelling needs, since I just level on lower tiers, it would end up less money for me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:45:51 am by erwin »