Author Topic: ....  (Read 10354 times)

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« on: December 02, 2011, 01:49:18 am »
if these new skills like slit, and embowel, etc etc, actually do what their names incline,
then there should also be a skill like Mend, that you need to use to stitch your wounds back together,
like antidote for poison etc. thinking mend would be a skill not a spell, and using it will render unable to,
fight for few rounds maybe.. maybe more skills would leave a lasting wound aswell?.

shouldn't a succesfully landed kick have a chance depending on where you hit your opponent, of breaking an arm,
or rib, or nose or whatever? that also leaves uses for mend....

well whatever.

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: ....
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 09:50:48 am »
Mend could also require the use of a bandage. The player would have to carry around bandages with him. Bandages would be cheaper than potions, I would think. And probably do less healing than certain potions and the Heal spell. Perhaps to do the same amount of healing as cure light or cure critic?

EDIT: On second thought, if it is a higher tiered skill, perhaps it could be equivalent to the Heal spell. Or we could have a Mend Light for lower levels that most classes would get, and a Mend Critic for the higher level/tiers to get with only certain classes can get... like some of the non-magic classes.

Would they be able to mend others that might not have Mend skill?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:54:38 am by Loria »
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 01:04:10 pm »
I wouldn't want a mend skill to ever get as good as a high level heal spell.  Because then you have the warrior classes that don't need to go get potions/spells or need the help of a healer/priest because they can just heal themselves.  But as a lower level heal like cure light it could work.

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 05:33:48 pm »
missing the point.... mend would not HEAL you hp wise...
it will mend your broken Arm or that gushing wound slit left in your gut.
so you can THEN continue to fight without being weakened. mend hence would be to fix.
broken bones, and gushing wounds caused by various skills... NOT heal hp...

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 12:09:11 pm »
I see what you mean, I think. You are talking about adding a new aspect to the game. Can get broken bone which would weaken the fighter, but can be mended with the mend skill. Would this be a lower level skill? Would the amount of strength the mending brought back depend upon Tier/Level of the mender? Or would it more like how T.H. White puts it, "Done and Not Done"; No in between?

I still like the idea of having a non-magic equivalent to the cure light spell. If we were to use Jason's idea of mending broken bones, then this non-magic cure light skill would have to have a different name. (i.e. repair, patch) The use of bandages may be superfluous though. Not sure. What do other people think?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 12:21:48 pm by Loria »
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:35:41 am »
What I would like to see is a way to actively target bodyparts in a fight situation.
A player could notice that the opponent had some bad armor on head, arms or legs, and target those points specifically by commands like 'hit high', 'hit left/right' or 'hit low'.

Not sure if this is at all possible, but it would make armor for different wear_locs really meaningful. A player would have to cover all bodyparts, or risk bleeding out, if the opponent chose to keep hammering on the weak spot.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 04:50:23 am »
Pvp battles dont last long enough for this to be useful in pvp but maybe against mobs I could see it being a plus, But how would you be able to tell their weak spots?

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 10:15:10 am »
I heard about 'epic' pvp battles in the past that lasted for over 30 minutes, with the participants using every trick in the book against each other.
What happened to those?

Targetting bodyparts on mobs would be pretty meaningless, since most of them don't wear full sets of equipment.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 11:15:31 am »
Those battles are usually when both are prepared and are arena matches, but when it comes out to straight hunting someone down while they are questing or hack and slashing they last about 5-10 seconds they either die or recall away

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 05:58:41 am »
I heard about 'epic' pvp battles in the past that lasted for over 30 minutes, with the participants using every trick in the book against each other.
What happened to those?

Targetting bodyparts on mobs would be pretty meaningless, since most of them don't wear full sets of equipment.

pretty sure you're referring to the one fight between me and viri.  And that only lasted like 10 minutes.  Which is only because I managed to sweet dream both of us, which lasted like 8 minutes.  Something like that anyway
aka graham

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 07:56:52 am »
That was a good fight though.. I ended up with like a hundred wardrobes or some shit in my inventory i had to ditch before poison 4 finally did the job for me. :3

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 06:01:31 pm »
barrels

It was barrels of viking mead
aka graham