Author Topic: Prices to Raise Skills  (Read 7060 times)

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
Prices to Raise Skills
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:54:38 pm »
Is it just me or does anyone else think it is ridiculous that it just cost Fizban 49,404,000 gold to practice mind ice to 60%, practice ice shield to 80%, and practice mind fire from 48% to 80%?

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Prices to Raise Skills
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 11:52:40 pm »
Is it rediculous that you could afford it? That's the reason the price is high. Also, most people only practice to 40-50% and then manually practice it up the rest of the way..

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 12:04:38 am »
I couldn't afford it....Endymion gave me the 50 mill after I blew my own 300 mill....

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 12:27:01 am »
Could it be bearable if it wasn't for your equipment?

As in, a newbie would be limited in cash, but he wouldn't need to max his skills, the mobs s/he is fighting would easily die in 1-2 castings of a spell, and don't do much damage.

But I'm guessing that with 100 cha, you'd be levelling in the more dangerous areas, and need these skills/spells maxed ASAP so that you don't die. However...most people who can get 100 cha on a tier 1 mage should at least have the money to back it up..you're an exception :P

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 05:07:53 pm »
This reminds me - we've also discussed the possibility to pay for practice sessions with TP.
I guess this is taken care of with the conversion of TP to gold however.

Anyhow, we need to discuss the practicing prices in connection with the new Trainer code being implemented soon.
In my opinion high level skills should cost a lot more than low level one, but that is perhaps already the case?

Could someone perhaps post the preset ratios here, so we can compare?

We also need to discuss gold and inflation and prices in general.
It seems newbies have some minor problems with cold, mediums get along fine, if they are reasonably active, whereas oldbies have collected ridiculous amounts of gold.

Clan leaders also have the possibility to circumvent the gold cap by putting their surplus gold in the Clan treasuries, which seem to not have the cap on gold that individual player accounts have.. I am not against Clans having a Treasury,(although what Clans need gold for is unknown to me). But it seems unfair to other players, that CLs should have this opportunity to use their Clan as an extra bank.

Here are some suggestions to deal with the inflation:

- Make new players load with a somewhat larger amount of gold at chargen.
- Put a Bank in Newbie School that they can rob (and also to teach them about banks and currency.
- Lower the general amount of gold that mobs yield considerably
- Adjust the amount on tiered mobs, so that they give proportionally more than tier 0
- Put a cap on the amount of gold that a Clan can have.
- Make the cost to practice low level skills/spells less than the high level ones.

Then, after all this has been implemented, we can discuss the general level of the practice costs.

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 08:32:39 pm »
Put a cap on the amount of gold that a Clan can have.

I can see putting an end cap that limits the amount of gold in existence, but per player just seems odd and from an RP standpoint really makes no sense, as well it suffers in much the same way as communism, it encourages people to not try and earn money.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 10:21:44 pm »
This reminds me - we've also discussed the possibility to pay for practice sessions with TP.
I guess this is taken care of with the conversion of TP to gold however.

We were waiting on this change with skills/spells + trainer mobs before we implemented this part of the system. Which would mean the actual learning of the skill (the first practice) took cash, and the rest of the training took either cash or tradepoints. So yeah..

In my opinion high level skills should cost a lot more than low level one, but that is perhaps already the case?

Yes, the equation takes into account the level + tier of the skill.

Also, newbies arn't effected by practicing costing gold, it only starts after a remort or 3 or something. So newbies shouldn't have any problem with gold, there's far too much available on mobs as it is..

Caps on gold is silly in my oppinion.. I'd rather see caps removed, but no one ever getting close to where the cap was anyway..

- Lower the general amount of gold that mobs yield considerably

Yes.