Author Topic: Starting out as Gypsy/Thief Temporary Fix  (Read 15821 times)

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Starting out as Gypsy/Thief Temporary Fix
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 04:33:22 am »
Pix' idea is much more interesting, clearly he's actually put more than 5 seconds into thinking it up.

Rather than making every class be able to kill the same mob in the same amount of time, we SHOULD be trying to change the speed of the kills.

Hunter/Mage's should be dealing LARGE damage, and closing down fights fast before they take too much damage themselves.
Warrior/Priest's should be dealing LOW damage, and slowly wearing their opponents down, being able to take significant damage without feeling much.
Ranger/Esper's should be dealing MEDIUM damage, and evading more attacks than not.
Thieves should be able to perform CRITICAL damage with backstabs, but be almost useless at hand-to-hand combat.

Gypsy's should be trying to convince people not to attack them...

Your suggestion is going the wrong direction Bane, you just want every class to be able to kill all the same mobs in the same period of time. Bad strategy.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 01:57:44 pm »
I agree pix idea is much more interesting, but what will we do in the meantime while we wait 6 months, 1 year, 2 years for something to be put in? Just let potential players leave? How many players have left in the past? This is to keep players around.

Whats done is done, if you wanna argue about this than you can argue with yourself. In the mean time why don't you come up with some ideas that we can do to change gypsy. Somethings that's doable.

I've clearly seen 5 people on newbie complain about thief or gypsy in the past month or so. I rather keep players around and not wait around to fulfill your dream mud Virisin.

Yes all classes need changed, yes we need a new combat system. But its something that's not doable right now. Ask the coders, we cant even agree on type of system we want.

I'm done with this post, if you wanna start a new thread about trying to fix classes Ill help with ideas.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:06:17 pm by Bane »

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 04:59:35 pm »
Meh, doesn't really bother me but you know as well as I do that this will end up being a long-term fix and it won't change again now for a good few years. May aswel give Gypsy encircle too.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 05:16:39 pm »
Gypsy's don't need it. They have an in combat skill slit now. So why would I do that after all of the pulling of teeth to get slit and thrust working? And since I know what needs to be done it won't be hard to add other skills as well.

And another thing people are allowed to disagree and not be insulted. So please keep it civil. Everyone isn't going to agree so don't bash people because their views don't align with yours. This is aimed at everyone. Getting tired of reading flames. Might need to .......

Prom

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 08:29:38 pm »
It wouldn't be a real forum without a bit of flaming.  This thread seems positively civil anyway.

And slit is identical to encircle, just like the prophecy said.