Author Topic: fix this please....  (Read 23782 times)

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: fix this please....
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 09:55:28 pm »
@ Virisin -> See what I mean by messed up code lol. And it being all over the freaking place too :)

When I get a chance I will take a look and see how much of a headache it will be to add greatsword. Don't want to mess up OLC or Molly won't be happy hehe.

Prom

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 11:29:55 pm »
Fixing greatsword shouldn't be bad, adding controls to OLC would be eugh

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 02:38:42 am »
Bloody code - no wonder I hate it! :P

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 01:23:55 pm »
So why such a huge variety? Is it all based on the item names?

Any chance we could make weapon building easier on OLC, by choosing a weapon type (katana, rapier, whatever) and bam, the sizes, "hit types", and weight is automatically set? The all there would be left to do is setting the dice, effects, and such.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 02:07:50 pm »
I agree with Toch.  It seems we should be able to choose the type of weapon instead of choosing the hit type because all swords should slash, all whips should whip  - though I suppose if you have something odd, like a chainsaw, it may require choosing a hit type.  I wouldn't mind weight being set either by type of weapon - but then again, you may have to be able to edit it for weird things - like the elven sword which weighs less than a normal sword...or a chainsaw.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 03:18:04 pm »
I agree with Kvetch.
The weapon type should really be set in OLC, or at least with a lucid way to understand what sets it.

On the flip side, I don't fancy having to go through a gazillion weapons to fix them in case there is a code change.

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 09:15:24 pm »
I would totally help ^^

any chance of beig able to set that up perhaps, and then possibly getting into new skill sets that create weapon specialization/focus? Ive always felt longsrm and shortarm were far too simplistic. Id relly lime to see staff, shortblade, logblade, mace (bludgeon), and so on. Each class having a focus of a weapkn type but not being limited to it. Ya mnow, skill perk or something. Anyway ill stop derailing your thread now :D
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 10:50:21 pm »
I'm fairly sure the fix in this case should be as I stated above, which shouldn't cause any extra builder work (unless maybe there is a weapon in the game somewhere with 'greatsword' in the name that is not meant to be a broadsword..

Adding capability to OLC.. like I said earlier, that can be left to Once or someone :P

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 06:48:35 am »
The only problem I can see is if the code would read "this is a really great sword" as "this is a really greatsword".  But, code sounds/looks like a more advanced/better form of scripts which already seem to be able to tell the difference between the two (ask anyone that's tried to say a sentence slightly wrong for a trigger).  If it can already take the words we have in any of the descriptions then it sounds like a great plan to me.  And I would've helped with the tracking down too, but better if its not needed.

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 12:12:48 am »
Attention span lacking:  Essentially we're looking for the ability to set weapon type in OLC? Rather surprised it can't do that as it is. I'll try to look into that soon.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 12:52:54 am »
I agree that weapon types should be possible to set in OLC, and that it's surprising that you cannot do that already.

I also think that being able to master different weapon types might be a good way to add diversity to combat.

However, I have to point out again that having to go through a gazillion already exosting weapons in OLC, to set the right type, would be very unsatisfactory, to say the least.

If a code change is made, there must also be some mass change made to fix all the existing weapons.

Offline Prometheus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 11:28:12 am »
Thotter might be able to write a script that goes through the text files of all objects and fixes things which would be faster than doing it manually. But I don't know how hard it would be to do a script.

Prom

Offline Prometheus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 11:05:33 am »
Okay I added WEP_GREATSWORD with a length of 140. Not sure about the length difference of a broadsword vs greatsword. Longsword and broadsword are 120. But I could be wrong hehe.

{TWO_HANDED, 40, -130, 60, -90, 120, -160, 60, "Greatsword"}

Need to figure out what these values are but I will get this added as well.

Prometheus
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:13:22 am by Prometheus »

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 01:30:53 pm »
Code: [Select]
struct weapon_type_data {
int hands;
int speedtop;
int speedbot;
int evasiontop;
int evasionbot;
int accuracytop;
int accuracybot;
int balance;
const char *name;
};

In sequential order.

Offline Prometheus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 02:22:49 pm »
I remarked out my changes till it can be tested by a builder since I don't build and I don't want to unbalance anything. If another coder wants to take this and run with it. :)

Prometheus