Author Topic: Retreat in combat.  (Read 6189 times)

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
Retreat in combat.
« on: September 24, 2012, 12:49:30 pm »
what about adding a Retreat/flee buffert that comes in actiong when PKing and when fighting in arena?

so you go into the fight with 5 toggled retreats available. and you have to strategically use them, once you've used them all,
you cannot retreat or flee at all.

bad or good.

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Retreat in combat.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 02:29:17 pm »
Ensnare effectively balances retreat/flee. Trap aware is the only skill that voids it out and that is a skill specific to one or two classes.  There are other ways to accomplish this concept. There are poisons that drain movement and stamina, leaving the player unable to flee. There are sleep spells that someone can cast on other, then load that player down with heavy items so they are slow. Those are the ones that I can think of right now. I don't see a reason to limit the number of times a person can flee in battle.

How would that be added in? If a player flees and meets the opponent again, an attack has to be initiated manually in order to start up a new battle so it seems to me that is a new battle. Would that start up the retreat/flee count over again? Or are you talking about limiting the amount of retreat/flee one player can do in a short amount of time? 

Maybe adding a delay to the skill retreat since it doesnt take any xp away? That seems fair.
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 03:58:15 pm »
you can still flee while snared without trap aware.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 10:59:03 am »
Then that is a bug and will need to be looked into. I will see if I can look into it. Otherwise I will pass it on to another coder to fix. I know that I'd thought I had fixed it before but who knows with how poor of a coding skills I have I might have made a mistake. Heck just pass it on to another coder to look at so ask Thotter or Once about it.

Prometheus