Author Topic: Easy for the newbs, and to get newbies to stay.  (Read 8353 times)

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
Easy for the newbs, and to get newbies to stay.
« on: March 13, 2013, 04:40:58 pm »
we should make it so that it is uber easy for the newbs that come to level and remort,
up to 10 remorts you get massive insane exp bonus.
that would result in newbies when facing reality, having enough moves and mana,
and experience to actually bother continue.  >:(

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Easy for the newbs, and to get newbies to stay.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 06:08:07 pm »
I can see the advantage of this. I would love to see this happen.
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 07:19:32 am »
What would help even more would be, if our players tried to be a bit cautious about what they say on open channels, and didn't treat newcomers and returning oldbies like shit. We give you a lot of space when it comes to free speech, but in return we also expect some responsibility. Most of you aren't kids any more.

Honestly, I would have thought some of our long time players would be more mature by now, and think a bit more about what is generally good for the Mud, than on their own "fun".

But some of the things I've see happening lately on 4D have made me really disappointed.

An empty Mud is definitely not fun for anyone, but that's where we risk ending up, if certain players don't change their attitude.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 10:31:30 am »
As for the main topic of the thread, I'm all for making life easier for newbies.
It's a good idea, so I think we should go for it!
Perhaps not "massive insane", but some sort of substantial exp bonus.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:49:50 am by Molly »

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 08:10:50 am »
I would like to see the newbie quests give more xp. That would encourage questing and perhaps build confidence in questing.  Gaining levels by hacking and slashing is fine too, but I would love to see the new guys out there questing.
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 08:28:39 am »
questing isn't for everyone however,
some of our newbs, just like to kill things in savage ways.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 02:23:13 am »
Lionheart has some good ideas about improving Mud School with a 'Bragging Base", where we can display some of our unique features for the newcomers.

If any of you come to think about cool features that we have and most other Muds don't, please post suggestions here, so we can add them to that room. They have to be reasonably unique, however.

Already mentioned are: Orcrist, Golems, Gladiators, Woodsing trees, Artisave Rooms.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 04:26:53 am »
Ive suggested this before, Though I think it should be part of the reward for completing the school and quest academy. X hours of bonus xp. We could make it so it only runs while they are online, or increase the hours and make it run offline. Making it run offline might encourage the player to log in so they dont waste it. If its done the second way make sure to inform them it will continue to run while they are offline.

There is a quest hub that will be going in, and from my understanding atm I believe it will take them to tier 4 level 50 if they finish it, We may go higher than that.

Also I wouldnt even mind exp formula being tweaked down. But I think everyone should wait till we get the school changes in and quest hub in.