Author Topic: Advertising 4D  (Read 25472 times)

Offline nester

• View Profile
Advertising 4D
« on: June 13, 2008, 08:29:59 am »
I'm a member of a few message boards, and I haven't really done anything with the signature space provided with each account.   

Would having a link to 4Dimensions on other boards be frowned upon by the 4D community?  I'm not really familiar with MUD etiquette.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Advertising 4D
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 04:32:29 pm »
I'd say 4D could do with any publicity we could get.
We definitely need more players, and I think our game is good enough to deserve it too, but we were never good at advertising ourselves.

whichonedoyou

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 05:38:59 pm »
vote for 4d on www.mpogd.com top 100 games list

Offline nester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 10:05:37 pm »
vote for 4d on www.mpogd.com top 100 games list

I second your call for everyone to vote for 4d, but the toplist sites are visited primarily by those already into mudding.  I think the net needs to be cast wider.

There still seems to be a good amount of roleplaying on journal sites like insanejournal and greatestjournal.  Having roleplaying groups incorporate their games into 4d would be beneficial to us and them.  Perhaps one of the veteran rpers could create a journal to promote 4d? 

Another approach that might bring in new players is promoting 4d mudding as a group activity.  For example, I could see a sci fi fan club enjoying a weekly 2 hour trip to the future realm.  There's also the added bonus that their accounts of exploring 4d would serve as an advertisement to others in their sphere of interests.

Once those in these groups have become acclimated to 4d, we'll see a good percentage of them creating alts and joining the general community.

Offline Natalya B.

• MSN Messenger - miss_sol@live.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 09:06:31 am »
Hm.

We should advertise 4dimensions more *nod*

For some reason I pulled this idea out of my ass... seeing as I'm a photographer...

You tell Asper, 'think I might go nudge one of my hot friends that I know to do a bikini shoot promoting 4dimensions. If nothing else itd make me laugh that some hot chick is half naked all for a text based game. Might work on the nerds. *laugh* Although.. all the hot friends I know are in brisbane. hm'

You tell Asper, '4dimensions! It's so good it gets hot aussie chicks half naked!'

I might ask around in perth, but I don't many good looking people here yet. Doesn't seem to be much talent around.

Otherwise, next time i fly back to brisbane, I'll line up a shoot with.. hmm *thinks* Jaymie. She's always up for looking sexy. Very lovely and vain girl that one.

Whatcha guys think? Want some "tame" sexy adds with a 4dimensions sign to make everyone chuckle and make the nerds flock to us? *grin*

"If you play 4d you'll meet girls like this!"
(not really)...

BTW: Jaymie:

If nothing else, it'd make me laugh. And jay would get a good kick out of it too. Haha.

Offline Natalya B.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 09:08:25 am »
... I'm going to go organise this regardless of what anyone says.

At the very least it's going to make me laugh.

*goes and emails jaymie*

whichonedoyou

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 11:08:48 am »
... I'm going to go organise this regardless of what anyone says.

At the very least it's going to make me laugh.

*goes and emails jaymie*

Sounds like a plan! While you're at it send me the photo's that you decide aren't tame enough :P

Offline nester

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 12:11:54 pm »
Whatcha guys think? Want some "tame" sexy adds with a 4dimensions sign to make everyone chuckle and make the nerds flock to us? *grin*

"If you play 4d you'll meet girls like this!"
(not really)...
I think it's a great idea :)  A sense of humor and not taking itself too seriously are two of the things 4dimensions has over the other online games I've played.  Unfortunately, you only see those aspects once you're in the game. 

4D's flexibility is its greatest strength.  The gamer seeking tough challenges and the player who is just looking for a bit of silly fun can both enjoy the game.  Right now, the game is predominately being promoted to the serious gamer.

By the way, I visited the 4d Myspace page linked in your sig.  It has a great design.  Love all the cool concept art.  Is there a link to the 4Dimensions homepage on it?  I only visit myspace to read Cup o' Joe, so I'm not familiar with navigating on Myspace.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 04:01:31 pm »
Heh, I'm all for promoting 4D as a Mud that doesn't take itself too seriously, since that is the way I like to regard it myself. I've always had a problem with players that take themselves too seriously. Luckily we don't get too many of those.

I'm also all for advertising in general, since I think 4D is a good enough Mud to deserve a lot more players than we currently have.
And by all means, if half-naked women is what it takes to get some attention, who am I to oppose it? At least not if it is done with some humour.  :)

There was a thread recently on The Mud Connector, regarding male and female players, where one rather stupid poster claimed that female mudders are always fat and ugly. He got bashed a bit for that, (not just by me), but I remember countering his claim with our example of at least 5 lasting RL relations between couples who met in 4D. (I think it says something about the looks, if the attraction survives a RL meeting).

The thread is worth checking out. Apart from the trolling, it has some interesting views on the subject. (I don't know how to get links to TMC, because of the way they display the URL, but it's among the top threads of the Roleplayers Forum and the title is: RE: Male vs female newbies).

Incidentally, the guy named Osiris, who also posts in that thread, mentions his alter ego, Mistress Narcista. He once promoted his own Mud offering nude pictures of this alleged female self on the website. (Very few people knew that Mistress Narcista was actually male, and I believe the pics were of his RL wife). There was an outcry about it among the more prudish members of the Mud community, but most people thought it was a funny joke. I'm not sure how many new players he got from it however). :P

Offline Natalya B.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 09:37:47 pm »
Just got an email back from jaymie. She's definately up for it.*grin*

Now I just need to get back to brisbane to shoot her. This might happen in september.

Her reply:

Pfft, +4boobs of seduction? We can do better than that, once my +9 Corset of Cleavage is equipped, and the heely +15 Boots of Tallness are in play!

(This means "yeah, sure! Bring it on babe!")

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 01:55:02 am »
ROFL - just make sure you have this sentence somewhere:

4 Dimensions - the Mud that doesn't take itself too seriously

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 02:36:22 am »
There was a thread recently on The Mud Connector, regarding male and female players, where one rather stupid poster claimed that female mudders are always fat and ugly. He got bashed a bit for that, (not just by me), but I remember countering his claim with our example of at least 5 lasting RL relations between couples who met in 4D. (I think it says something about the looks, if the attraction survives a RL meeting).

Actually most of his bashings came from me :P Actually most bashing on TMC, period, come from me...

whichonedoyou

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 11:00:24 am »
Just got an email back from jaymie. She's definately up for it.*grin*

Now I just need to get back to brisbane to shoot her. This might happen in september.

Her reply:

Pfft, +4boobs of seduction? We can do better than that, once my +9 Corset of Cleavage is equipped, and the heely +15 Boots of Tallness are in play!

(This means "yeah, sure! Bring it on babe!")

This ad is going to be epic

Offline Natalya B.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 03:16:37 pm »
It will be, however I don't know when Im flying to Brisbane to do the shoot yet.

I'm not really one to model myself, nor do I think it would produce great and desired results, and I dont know any hot pretty girls over here where I now live, yet.

I knew one, but her boyfriend flipped when he found out she liked me, so no she can't talk to me anymore *snicker*

So it's prolly going to be some time before this is done...

Offline kitolani

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 12:08:16 am »
In the meantime, you should get Alpha half nekkid for a shoot to appeal to the pervy femme community out there.
I'm sure his flexible morality would be perfect for such an endeavor. ;D