Author Topic: Things the players would like to see changed or implemented. (Recovered)  (Read 30417 times)

Offline Diandra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
prometheus — Fri, 02/22/2008 - 10:41

All,

I will start this post and others can input. And since I doubt Virisin will post since I asked him to do so. Here are a couple of his suggestions:

1) Hamstring to be implemented.

I forget the other suggestions.

Prometheus.

------------------------------------------
Erwin — Fri, 02/22/2008 - 10:52
2) Sleeping mobs do not wake up from directionals 3) Flank doesn't seem to work 4) Shopkeepers sometimes tell you that you can't carry the items bought, but you can carry it.   Think there's more, but can't remember :(

Molly — Fri, 02/22/2008 - 10:51
Viri's other suggestions were:
- magic bubble can't be cast on self
- directionals don't wake up sleeping mobs

Just wait until I post my own code wish list.
You're gonna regret you ever started this thread.
Last I checked it had 35 points. :-P

prometheus — Fri, 02/22/2008 - 11:24
I still have your old list from our coder meeting Molly and that was what 25 points or so :)

Prometheus.

prometheus — Fri, 02/22/2008 - 11:25
Do we want magic bubble to be cast on self? Isn't that against what Magic Bubble does?

And the sleeping directional spell is more of a bug but I did open the post up on it :)

Prometheus.

----------------------------------------
Erwin — Fri, 02/22/2008 - 11:44
I'm not sure about the magic bubble being able to be cast on self thing. I see that magic bubble would last around 30 minutes when cast on self (as tested in the gladiator arena), and I would guess it would also last the same time if cast on the player. Given that the mobs in the mud deal way more damage physically, than with spells, and the time needed before magic bubble wears off, I'd think that casting magic bubble on oneself makes no sense. But in PVP, it makes a bit more sense only in 1 versus 1 combat, since then magic bubble casters can disable priests, mages, and espers. Of course, in a free for all, magic bubble on self would also be detrimental. So perhaps PK enabled people be able to cast magic bubble on self only? Just my 2 cents.

Fizban — Fri, 02/22/2008 - 19:08
Truthfully can't really figure out why it was changed to not be castable on yourself. The most used method of it was generally to cast on yourself to stop casters from hitting you, with the side-affect that you could also no longer heal yourself. Without that the only purpose it serves is to stop yourself from casting spells on your opponent and to stop them from healing.

Virisin — Fri, 02/22/2008 - 20:32
Magic bubble is a strategic spell, it needs to be able to be cast on self or opponent, whether you want to stop yourself from healing aswel as being hit by spells, or stop your opponent from healing, but still smashing you with their spells. I also think that the timer on magic bubble should be reduced to like, 1 minute. Other things on my list of bugs that havn't been mentioned yet: Elementals come in pairs for some reason. Grouping is screwed. Because exp in groups is divvied out depending on damage done, we let mobs start to fight with us again.. People obviously forgot about PK and the fact that we don't care about exp. So followers are now uber in PK, not only say - Fire elementals that kill you in a couple hits, but mounts. If you involve your mount, then your opponents hits are 1/4 in damage. Fighters can use staffs and get good multi's.. It's quite a big bug and I can't explain all the details right now. Major focuses are a little overpowered. I think that just needs tweaking the equation a little.  These are all just bugs except grouping. It's more of an imbalance to gameplay and will require a little sit-down, chat about how we can make grouping work well. P.S. Why the fresmkknesajtkesmasltl can't I make paragraphs?

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Things the players would like to see changed or implemented. (Recovered)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 02:57:45 am »
There is a discussion on how long magic bubble should and if it should be able to be cast on self. What are others input on this?

Prometheus.

Offline nanukimo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 03:00:33 am »
If your a gm fighter or rogue class if you wear a staff the primary damage is based upon your damroll instead of your wisdom int and cha from what I could tell. Virisin i know wants it so that the multis are tweaked down on GM fighters or rogues if they use a staff. I don't know if I exactly agree with that point as long as the bug is fixed so its not dependant on damroll.. One of the things with becoming GM is your more of a multi class. And i really dont see why it would be that big of a deal to wear caster equipment if you want to. A GM thief has quite a offensive spells that you can cast. I can maybe see it needs to be reduced a little bit but not majorly. I know hes gonna come on here about something with speed. I dont think you can get 1000 speed with just maxed dex on a rogue. He also said speed affects dirspells which I thought just had a standard delay on them now ever since dir spells was fixed. i think testing needs to be done with it. I think some testing should be done with a full set of casters equipment compared to a average damroll. Which on rouges id say around 220-240? Is average?

Major focus is way overpowered.

I say Magic Bubble should be able to use on target or self. And the timer on it reduced drastically. Im going to say a minute to two mins. It will be come more useful outside of a pk area the shorter the timer is. People could cast it on themselves then 2 mins later they would be able to heal up again. Or maybe if you cast on target its one minute if you cast on self its 3 minutes.

And i still think Fire Shield and Thorn shield damage calculation should be looked into.

Something on Movements. I know tier and level seems to have an effect on it . Which I don't exactly understand why you would use more movements at tier 4 level 50 then you would a lower tier/ level using the same skill. You would think it be the other way around. I mean IC point of view seems like you would be more experienced on how to use a skill and not take as much effort as it would unexperienced. Should be like magic missile the higher level you are the less mana it cost to use the spell. Why is that different then skills

Recall scrolls should not be allowed to be used in combat. same with making sure all clan items dont work in combat either.

One time Quests. I was asked to compile a list and send them in. But i couldnt remember exactly every quest that is one time. This is what I sent in. If any others could add to it. Ill just post the item instead of location and such as i did in the note

Sorry as the names are not all right. I cant look into my chest atm.
Item: Jedi Ring
Item: A gleaming white face mask or something of the sort. has inn invisibility on it.
Item: A painted tribal mask and a mythril bracelet inset with gravity materia*scratch this its been fixed*
Item: Martins Holy Armor
Item: a platinum pinky ring

I think I had another one cant remember though..

Also I would like to see more use out of the bows crossbows slings and throws. As it is now pretty pointless and pretty freaking slow. I mean you can only hold one item to shoot then you cant be in the same room as target then when you do shoot its incredible low damage. Change it so you can hold a certain amount depending on the weapon your using. And i would rather see the damage increase the higher the % of the skill. And make it so you cant train the skill past 20% or something. Or add a subskill that affects the damage of them. i just think they could be fun and be made useful into  the game.

I doubt this gets approved but what the hell removal the gold drop delay!! Its aggravating enough to map out a 50+ room maze don't make it more on an aggravation. Seriously mapping out all of punt or the outback zones is just painful long and tedious if you got to wait on dropping gold.

Also on Direction Spells you cant use hit 2.target for example there are two seals in the room east of you. You cant use cast 'magic missile' east 2.seal. It will say it does not exist. I reported this a while back ago.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 04:49:07 am by nanukimo »

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 04:51:57 am »
For the one time quests, there's also the quest which gives the Turquoise Thumb Ring as a reward.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 04:55:35 am by erwin »

Offline nanukimo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 04:31:34 pm »
Also add sacrificing of pk corpses.

Maps brought back on the webpage

Also the recent posts on the main page link make it so if you click on it it should remove all the recent posts from that column the next time you load the page. Currently it just shows all the posts in forums.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 05:42:36 pm by nanukimo »

Offline Seeker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 09:31:37 pm »
Maybe I'm just a Blizzard fan, but I've always loved the idea of item sets, or items that get synergies/bonuses from other items.

An example might be dual wielding Luke and Vader's light sabers, or a quest chain that involved getting one item from each of Robin Hood's companions and the more you have the more bonuses you get.

*shrugs* It's an idea.

Offline Mordecai

• Administrator
  • Has delusions of adequacy
    • View Profile
    • Multiplayer Online Game Anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 10:24:48 pm »
I also love the idea of items sets.

I think the Assembly code could be duplicated and changed a little to let us create item sets in the same fashion.

However, don't expect it any time soon.

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 10:31:14 pm »
I can script all of that at least until/if there becomes a coded arrangement.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 01:18:51 am »
Nanukimo,

On recall scrolls are you talking about PK only or in general? I can see for PK but to limit them completely in combat doesn't make sense to me.

Prometheus.

Offline nanukimo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 01:23:38 am »
Pk sorry Molly said this was a code issue.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 03:18:17 am »
What?! Not only PK at all. What's the point having delays on clan recall items, and not letting them work in battle if you can just use a recall scroll instead which is instantaneous aswel? What's the point having flee and retreat? What's the point having a difference BETWEEN flee and retreat? If we just used recall scrolls to get out of fights? It's not only a PK thing, it's just a normal bug.

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 12:10:38 pm »
What?! Not only PK at all. What's the point having delays on clan recall items, and not letting them work in battle if you can just use a recall scroll instead which is instantaneous aswel?

Simple, one of those is a renewing item, the other requires having a constant supply of items on you and requires preparation and spending money.

Offline nanukimo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 04:05:45 am »
2720H 83672M 32720V (33) 300D 9>>
You steal Yellow Lion's energy.
4.22x) Yellow Lion makes a strange sound but is suddenly very silent as you place a skinning knife in its back.
Yellow Lion is bleeding awfully from big wounds.
You are shredded by Yellow Lion's whirling barrier of thorns!
You are dead!  Sorry...

2720 damage was done to me from a mobs thorn shield.

This goes towards my previous statement on looking at thorn shield and fire shield equations.

just went back and got this one

5861H 83616M 33252V (95) Can Now RemortTNL>
b yel
You steal Yellow Lion's energy.
4.22x) Yellow Lion makes a strange sound but is suddenly very silent as you place a skinning knife in its back.
Yellow Lion is bleeding awfully from big wounds.
You are shredded by Yellow Lion's whirling barrier of thorns!
That really did HURT!
Yellow Lion is dead!  R.I.P.
You receive 19934223 experience points.
Your blood freezes as you hear Yellow Lion's death cry.
You get an enormous mountain of gold coins from the corpse of Yellow Lion.
There were 590624 coins.
You pillage the corpse and find an extra 147656 coins!

1577H 83616M 33208V (95) Can Now RemortTNL>

4284 damage done from just his thorn shield alone.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 04:11:21 am by nanukimo »

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 06:00:22 am »
If I'm not wrong, thorn shield does the most damage when you land a killing blow, with or without encircle.

At least, that's what happens to me.

Offline nanukimo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 06:12:43 am »
Thats because for some reason you do alot of damage on killing blows. More damage then it has hp left.

If you dont have that much damroll you dont notice the effect as much. The stronger you get the more devasting thorn shield becomes to you. I think once you do over so much damage the equation should change on the shield.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 08:00:10 am by nanukimo »