Author Topic: The greatest and the dirtiest deeds  (Read 35853 times)

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
The greatest and the dirtiest deeds
« on: November 13, 2010, 04:07:16 am »
You say, 'I want to make a thread just posting about all the dirty and great stuff I've ever achieved and done on 4D'

You say, 'I wonder if that's a good idea'

Asmodeus says, 'What are some highlights of this possible thread'

You say, 'Lots and lots of gossipy stuff about me or people I know'

Asmodeus rubs his chin thoughtfully and goes 'Hmmmm...'

Asmodeus says, 'i vote yes'

Asmodeus says, 'i'll back you up'

So yeah, this is gonna be as unorganized as possible.  Mostly on purpose, and mainly because I don't want to organize my thoughts.  It's really just a jumble of random drivel and nostalgic thoughts.  So point-form?  Yeah, point-form sounds good.

- Approximately a week after I started playing 4D, I got a public telling off from Mordecai to stop multi-playing.  His disconnected my alt which I was in the process of transferring some newbie zone quest item to turn in for a bronze token.

- I believe I was the 3rd person to achieve GM.  First and second were Karth and Malfestus, no idea who got it in what order.  I was the first to play GM as a caster and boy was it ridiculously overpowered back then.

- I think I was the first player to kill Gojira as a caster.  Killing Gojira isn't very much different than killing him nowadays, except he actually does kill you with encircle and there weren't as many neat items back then (Exhibit A: Wand of Recall).  It took about 3-4 hours to kill him, and I even had to leave for dinner in between.  When he had less than 5% hp left, everyone got disconnected from the server for about 5 minutes.  Needless to say, I was ready to murder somebody (And I did, the mud didn't crash and I logged back in to finish off Gojira)

- Voltron used to be susceptible to ranged magical attacks.  I, along with a few others, used to kill him repeatedly with zero risk involved.

- Solana once caught me red-handed farming a silver token from her zone that wasn't an intended load.

- I've also farmed a certain treasure chest containing a silver token many many times.  So much that the key to it eventually got changed to purge_on_drop and timered.  Honestly, I'm surprised it wasn't changed earlier since I'm sure other players have done the exact same thing.  (Cough, you know who you are)  Also, for any of the uninformed people wondering how unfair this chest is, rest assured the key also loads randomly in one of thousands of rooms?  I don't know.  It's just not easy.

- I was "caught" botting lumberjacking trees when logs used to pay in tokens.  Apparently, it counts as botting as long as you have a trigger.  It doesn't matter if you're actually at the computer and watching the invis imm playing with your triggers with echos and immediately asking what they wanted.

- My lifetime token count among all my characters, I've ever created...  Well, I can't give an accurate amount, but a guesstimate would be nearly 90 gold tokens.  My first (new code) character contributed to about 34 of those.  My actual first character on the old code achieved 1 gold token.  Almost all from farming.

- I once encountered a bug where you can turn in the same farming product several times for multiple rewards.  I gossiped about the bug and Mordecai promptly forced me to drop everything and then froze me.

- My first meeting with Virisin went something like this (liberties taken with conversation where necessary)

Me: What are bronze tokens for
Io: I'll pay you 1 mil coins for it
Everyone: newbie, you're getting ripped off bad
Io: He needs the money more than the token
Me: Yeah okay

- My first impression of Rayne went something like this (same as above)

(Mud crashes, everyone reconnects)
Rayne: Sorry everyone, that was my fault
Me: Lol, you just killed all my elementals, you owe me some new ones
Rayne: Shut the hell up, I don't owe you anything
Darkwolf: Rayne, leave the poor newbie alone

Conclusion: Mudding is SRS BZNZ

- My first impression of Kita went something like this (once again, the same as above)

Exodus does some emote
Me, doing the same thing
Someone else, also doing the same thing
Kita: Stop it guys, it's getting annoying
Exodus continues bleeding colors via emote

Me, doing the same thing
Someone else, also being an annoying douchebag
Kita leaves west.

Exodus: I'm honestly surprised she didn't leave earlier

I'm glad you don't hold grudges Kita :P  That or you have a very poor memory.

- Back on the old code, I used to make level 1 alts, go link-dead with them but group them with my main character and fight stuff.  I'd get a massive exp bonus for having a large group, and apparently nobody detected that I ever did this.

- The first clan I ever tried to join was Dark-Jedi.  Lionheart turned me down because I wasn't experienced enough.  I made some cheesy comment about not giving up and trying later and he apparently liked my attitude.  I later joined Vikings.

- I'm personally quite proud of myself for solving some of the hardest quests in 4D with zero help from anybody, including Fenizia main quest, Rainbow Serpent Skin, Nala's collar, and Seti's main quest.  Quests I'm not so proud of (cough) includes VE main quest, suntan quest, and Snow White's quest.

I think that's enough for one night.  I'll post more when I feel like it.  Possibly never.
aka graham

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The greatest and the dirtiest deeds
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 11:58:03 pm »
I wish I remember some of the incidents that lead to me getting banned for 2 weeks and then banned for 2 months the day the first ban was finished.

I also wish I remembered how many times I have been junked and how many times I've junked players or player houses...

I could do a cool one of these..

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 01:52:26 am »
I wish I remember some of the incidents that lead to me getting banned for 2 weeks and then banned for 2 months the day the first ban was finished.

I believe I have a file you sent me deep down somewhere in my computer. It contained a narration of all your bad deeds, and the purpose of it was of course to convince me to give you a statue in the Hall of Fame. :P

And, Hayato, I am offended that I'm not mentioned in any of your recollections. Surely I must have squashed you some time?

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 05:57:14 am »
I'll be looking forward to your version, Viri :P

And Molly, sadly I don't think there were that many gossipy things that involved you :P I'll let you decide if that's a good thing or not.  I can't think of any off the top of my head anyway, but that might be because I'm currently very very tired.

Well, since I posted, I might as well post a short one.

- There was a time when the bug and typo report files could be accessed via the old 4D website online.  Many players, including myself, browsed the bugs looking for anything that could be abused :P  (Un)fortunately, our efforts were not fruitful.

- It was during the above time that I made a report about a script that could essentially hand out infinity tokens.  That was also the fastest I've ever seen a bug get fixed.

- Tocharaeh, if you've ever wondered who it was, it was Once.  Just fyi.

- Shortly before I deleted my GM, I found a bug that could produce billions of gold.  I reported the bug, then proceeded to illegitly create 10 billion+ gold.  I never did get punished for that, even though I'm sure at least one of the imms knew.

- It wasn't Exodus, but me, who found out how to spy on the hero channel.  That doofus revealed it to the Molly in the middle of one of their arguments not even one day after I showed him.  Of course, he claimed to have found the glitch to prevent the imms from punishing me for not reporting the bug.  I never did get anything much out of it anyway, except that Mordecai likes to go golfing.

- Exodus did actually ask me for quest hints, for the very few quests I managed to do before him.  I learnt to be vague though, so no, he never did get straight answers from me.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 06:01:16 am by Hayato »
aka graham

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 03:26:19 pm »
Hayato: I knew it!

My bad deeds:

Actually... I've never once cheated. God I'm boring.. *sighs*

I managed to piss off a "newbie" once after telling him to cease and discontinue his bad behavior in Recall. When he failed to do so, I pushed him a couple times out of Recall. He deleted, and after Tocharaeh bashing on the IMM channel, I lost my Helper title for like 3 months. Those who DID support me, you r0x0r all day long in my heart. *cough Molly, Horus and Thotter cough*

I think I junked like two people in my entire life on 4D...mostly cause I don't believe in junking.

Though the LH scripting o' major junking still exist. That had all of his eq mapped out, for a very thorough junking. (haha, and now he's a sic so it's useless..and he's cool now )

I made Alayna, and Sauvitas go away for a long time.  You can decide if that was a bad thing or not ;)

I got 1 slight hint from Exodus, while living together in a dump IRL, concerning the serp skin. I couldn't figure out why something kept happening after I did something to the lizard.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 05:29:00 pm »
Ok I'll try list some of the stuff I've done. This will be unorganized and may take a while.  :-\

- One of the very first 'quests' I ever did was finding my way to Rahkz and killing him. I was reasonably new at the time and LionHeart made me show him all the way through the temple and then helped kill Rahkz and stole the wings and perzed them to that set of Rahkz wings that is still now always being passed around. Devilish dark bat wings or something. THEY WERE MINE!

- When I was very new I hung around with Abraham and Flint, both of whom had 50+ damroll which was pretty cool on the old code, and both of them told me I would never ever get more than 60 damroll. Then when LionHeart kitted me out in some quite good stuff Abraham junked me out of jealousy. Later that day a bunch of Sicilians, Robin and co junked Abraham for his rudeness.

- Another time when I was ridiculously new, Soulstar was powerlevelling me against guildmasters in Olde Yorke when suddenly Zsijn and Singer show up grouped and attack him. I can't remember anymore if Souly got away but I know the Assassin killed me.

- One of the first big 'cheating' incidents I was involved in was when I was a Dark-Jedi and was one of the first to complete Seraphines new zone, Enchanted Lands. LionHeart made me show him through those quests in return for info on other things I've since forgotten. Lots of people were involved in this though, I remember it being a real big deal at the time and it was pretty much just LionHeart and Reyko and Asmodeus' name rings a bell too, taking advantage of Jaros and I for info. Mafic was also involved, he used to love using MSN to try and trade quest info.. Once was the detective on this case and likes to think he did a lot more work than he really did when all he ever did was ask me what happened and I promptly told him everything cause I wasn't all that fussed and thought LionHeart was the real bad guy. Mafic never really came back after being named and shamed though.. I miss him.

- Selene used to powerlevel me in Aussie lots..

- I once had cybersex with Anatasia (Alayna(?)) for shits and giggles. She loved it.

- I grew up in a time where Zsijn and Singer and Soulstar and a lot of the old PKers were in their prime, I thought junking was just what happened. So when I first got my PK flag, I offered to powerlevel 2 friends if they also got PK flags or something, and promptly junked both of them for no reason at all. In hindsight it was one of the most rude things I've done, one of the players turned out to be blind irl and relied on a reader so wasn't really cut out for PKing heh.

- Exodus probably junked me at least 10+ times, a lot of them were with Hayato's (JumJum at the time) help and planning.

- I think I junked Exodus more than he junked me in the end. I really went on a streak for a while after getting him and Zenathos with the love potion which forced players to follow you.

- I used to have keys to most clan halls and junked multiple DJ's in their own hall, I think every time I tried to junk Exodus in Sics clan hall I fucked things up.

- I once convinced the leader of Dragons, Flute, to make me co-leader because he was going to be away for a week. I proceeded to claim the clan as my own and steal the treasury. Flute threw a fit and complained to Sonya who removed me from the clan for about an hour before being overwhelmed by the commotion her intervention caused and transing me back into the Dragons HQ, although not actually reflagging me as Dragon leader.

- I found a cool bug in the outback where a script would only purge an item you gave to a shopkeeper about 1 second after you gave it to him. If you were fast enough you could buy it back. Unfortunately it cost 100million to buy back, unless you had full charisma, then you could buy it back for about a million. Buying and selling that item netted me at least 3 gold tokens before Mordecai found out.

- I once had the best PK fight ever against JumJum in the arena for KOTY or KOTM or something. It lasted about 15 minutes and involved giving items to each other as weight, sleeping, poison, and just about every other little PK trick you can think of. I won in the end thanks to good old poison 4.

- I was banned for 2 weeks after one of the cheating incidents I think, the day I got back I was rude to that retard Mott who was married to Exodus and must have had an IQ of less than 70, and then Sonya banned me and I ended up being banned for 2 months more.

- One time, Xeriuth tried to coup Jaros for leader of Chaos. For some reason he thought it would be a good idea to get me (Jaros' brother irl) to help him. Needless to say, Jaros and I collaborated in thwarting his attempt, booting him and his 2 minions Tyvaga and Timpo from the clan, and I then proceeded to junk both Tyvaga and Timpo for their insolence. They both deleted but their names were still on our clan list. So Jaros recreated the characters, so they could be expelled and their names would disappear from the clan list. In the 5 minutes or so we were creating and expelling the characters, Xeriuth approached us thinking we were the real Tyvaga and guested us to his House. We then junked his house after stealing all the good stuff.

That's all I can remember for now

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 06:41:38 pm »
I knew  liked you Viri, hahahaha. That's some pretty epic stuff there.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 12:20:19 am »
I got 1 slight hint from Exodus, while living together in a dump IRL, concerning the serp skin. I couldn't figure out why something kept happening after I did something to the lizard.

That was the very same hint he asked from me :P
aka graham

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 02:25:42 am »
Oh I remembered one of my favorite bugs. I used to create characters called Mol, Sol, Bel, Son and a few others I forget, and intercept notes to immortal characters, Molly, Molzilla, Solana, Belgarion, Sonya.. That was a fun bug. 8)

People really complain a lot was all I really found out.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 05:42:31 pm »
Oh I remembered one of my favorite bugs.

You forgot to mention the time when you remorted an alt about 6 times sitting at Recall, conveying Tradepoints that you'd got from abusing my buggy trading system in Kush.

That one caused quite a stink, and I believe was the starting point of the NooNoo drama.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 08:36:32 pm »
Oh yeah, 6 remorts hehhhhhh more like 25 remorts sitting at recall. :P

Those were the good times.

- My record time for killing Greenie was about 8 seconds.

- I used to sell basic items you'd buy from shops in Odessin or other totally unexotic places to newbies claiming they were powerful immortal created items.

- I have certainly DTed more than 10 times.

- I remember right at the end of the old code, LionHeart and Reyko said they'd junk me 1000 times before letting me go free, they got it to about 9997 before the new code came in, and then they got me once or twice on the new code when casters were really powerful and I was a shitty thief.

- Hase/Asmoday was my first real rival, I forget who junked who first, but Hase and LionHeart and me went levelling in Aussie one day and they both suddenly tag-teamed me and looted me. I got them back.

- The first clan I tried to join was Table Round, I failed the application. The second clan I tried to join was Dark-Jedi, I failed the application. The third clan I tried to join was Chaos, I managed to get in, and then promptly challenged Drifter to a battle for leader thinking Chaos worked similarly to Dark-Jedi, Drifter expelled me. I spent a lot of time clanless and then finally got into Dark-Jedi around the time LionHeart and Reyko and Hase took over. After falling out with them I was clanless again until just before the start of the new code when I joined Dragons, and I was in Dragons for a bit on the new code too. Then Jaros got leader of Chaos and let me in. :-\

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 08:40:08 pm »
- Alduras and Mouse were two of the highest remorted players early on the new code, up around 80 each thanks to finding good places to use earthquake. With their inspiration I set up triggers to earthquake at the rainbow serpent and I used to be able to gain about 1billion experience and 100million coins in about 20 minutes.

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 04:26:58 am »
Totally guilty of tricking newbie females into having my child, and also marrying me. I've been married 45 times in 4D, twice to Siresee, Riley, and Sarias, but I've only counted them for one each.

My most "recent" baby trickery was Syntacticsugar, and I'm proud of it. It was pure w!n.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 09:50:18 am »
I wish the Romaniacs were here too. :P

Think of all the great and dirty deeds they could confess/brag about between them...

Offline Asmoday

• MSN Messenger - asmodaydj@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - hasetherussian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 03:00:13 am »
I remember when Alayna had a personal problem with the Dark Jedi's , well mostly with me and Dragonass so she payed Tocharaeh some tokens to junk me
Of course Toch told me so i made the PR gear just like my perzes (apparently she wanted my perzes badly) and i let Toch junk me and get the perzes
When Alayna dropped the stuff into Dragons trophy room , the description was something like "Dark Jedi's rule" can't really remember exactly , but what i do remember is getting a whisper from Molly congratulating me about the awesome plot

aum namah shiva