Author Topic: PK  (Read 47977 times)

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: PK
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 02:33:58 pm »
No.

No different levels of PK for females/males.

No different levels of PK for wusses/ .. not wusses ..

If you don't want to go PK, the arena is there.

And no, I won't stop calling him Nanna..

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 11:34:30 pm »
No? Ok. But maybe you could think on it some more, how more people could try pk without risking loosing every single piece of stuff they have. Personally I thought the wuss category could work.

The arena and pk are two completely different things.  There is no comparison between them.

Also, please everyone show some courtesy not to insult people on this forum who are not able to access the forum and answer back. It's not fair, and those types of irrelevant insults just get the topic sidetracked and serve no purpose other than making a negative atmosphere. Thank you.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 12:35:17 am »
Yes, PK and arena are completely different. Arena is for people that suck at PK, ie. wusses.

Nanu is an idiot.

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 02:05:13 am »
I don't agree that arena is for people who suck at PK. There's lot of pk'ers who arnea. But maybe people who are wusses don't pk. And your definition of a wuss is.....being afraid to lose everything?

The arena seems twofold.  It is an event where people can show who is better at fighting in a totally controlled, premediated and artificial environment.  And it is a way to test out new skills against others.

PK, is more of the hunt and the survival and the unknown and being prepared for anything. In a way PK is easier because the anticipation just before you know you have to go into the arena is nerve racking.

I've never tried PK but I would like to, mostly so I can get my frustrations out if I get pissed off. Like for example....in the unlikely event that I would ever be pissed at you, even if I would lose I would get some satisfaction in hunting you down and attacking you. 

Your mind seems made up, but maybe sometime in the future think about two levels of pk.  You talk about wanting the game to be more indepth, and this could achieve that for us wusses.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 03:14:45 am »
PKers don't arena, they sometimes fight in the arena, but they never actually fight properly. All PKers have their own tricks they'd never bother wasting in an arena..

People have thought about two levels of PK for ages. The idea is dumb. Simple as that. If you don't want to PK, don't PK. There are plenty of PKers around now, numbers arn't the problem. Laziness and no one leaving recall is the problem.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 03:20:36 am »
I'd prefer it if autoloot doesn't work with PKers, they have to consciously loot the corpse if they want to.

Apart from it being very annoying if someone attacks you when you are idling, you kill them, and then *YOUR* autoloot picks up their clan item and you get zapped to their dungeon, I think players should have the decision to keep the items on their victim or not.

Leonardo

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2008, 07:48:12 am »
Once you're tier4 level 50 and fully equipped - you still have autoloot on? Why?
If that's for gold, just use autogold - why overflow your inventory with the shit mobs wear on them.
Autoloot is good for newbies not for experienced players. I'd rather prefer a command like AUTOLOOK.
So every mob I kill I auto look in the corpse, then if there's something I like I get it myself.

PS: I actually have an autolook command built from a trigger.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 09:06:15 am »
Because you never know when a mob might carry something in its inventory that is needed for a quest...and because..because....anyone that goes PK can be affected by it?

Leonardo

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 09:14:34 am »
That's why I look in the corpse of every mob I kill - without looting the entire mud.
And when you're out on a quest can turn autoloot off - unless you're always questing :-)

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 02:39:11 pm »
I agree PK should be a state of mind. I posted as an afterthought maybe there could be different rules for female and male pkers.  And the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

Different rules for males and females is by far the worst idea for regulating pkill that I have EVER heard. It's frankly sexist and says that females are shitty gamers and that none of them can pkill, which just isn't true.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 02:54:55 pm »
I used to hate autoloot.. Now I like it. Cause I can have autoloot + autosac. And I wouldn't like autoloot to not work on PKers. I like people looting my orb and taking them to my dungeon.. That's kinda the only way the script will ever kick in :P I designed the dungeon for that purpose.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 02:56:12 pm »
Perhaps if there was a disadvantage given while making the character - for example in old D&D if you were a female character you lost an STR point on creation (I think it was, either that or your max strength could only be like 1 less than a male).  Thankfully D&D did away with that.

In the 4D world there is no reason to seperate out male/females.  The only seperating I think could possibly be done would only be teirwise.  Then again, if someone can PK well, they can PK well past what any teir seperation there should be.

So, I have to agree with either go PK and realize what *could* lie ahead (problems I've stated on other boards but everyone assures me it wouldn't happen in 4D - I still don't believe them and with all the things I've heard that HAVE happened, I probably never will) or don't go PK and use the arena to settle any differences you feel needs to be settled.

My 1/2 cent

Kvetch

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 03:07:51 pm »
You're silly...you can't pkill out of tier (Anyone that saw Fizban at level 10 kill the level 30 thief a tier above him earlier today...shhhhh)

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 08:14:52 pm »
Ok, that was a stupid idea separating pk based on sex.  What I really just wanted was to have was a option for full loot pk or a single-item loot pk.  I can see that is never going to happen.  So I will drop it.

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 11:44:25 pm »
I just wanted to say one last thing before I drop it.

My comment to have different rules for male and female pkers wasn't meant to be sexist and it in no way suggests females are shitty gamers and can't pk. I would never want to run in to Hesara in a dark alley. She seems more scarey and skilled than the lot of you.

In general (just a blanket comment), male gamers or pk'ers seem to catch on faster and seem to be more interested in all the numbers and technical stuff which pk probably requires to be good at it.  I believe in general there is a difference in how males and females approach on-line games. And the difference isn't good or bad or sexist or whatever, it just is.

Only one of my friends likes on-line games. I tried to get him to try text games but he just likes the graphical war games where you kill people and sneak around and figure out all the angles how to do it best. I tried his game, but it didn't do anything for me. So yeah, there's probably lots of females that like that kind of thing and are great at it, but the majority are probably wusses and don't want to lose everything, so it's not fair why they can't play pk too...on a different level.