Author Topic: PK  (Read 47987 times)

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
PK
« on: February 26, 2008, 03:45:15 am »
difference = victimTiernum * victimLevel - killerTiernum * killerLevel
If this difference is more then -10 then the difference is ADDED to the killer pk points (minimum -5 points, maximum 50 points (or 25 if this is an arena battle) and SUBSTRACTED from the victim pk points (minimum 1 point, maximum 50 points (or 25 if this is an arena battle).
If it's less then -10, the killer will have the positive difference substracted from their pk points, with again a maximum of 50 points, or 25 if this is an arena battle. Nothing will happen to the victim in this case.

That's the current PK equation..

Alright, here’s a wrap up of the discussion with what’s been agreed upon, and what we’ll work with for now:

If you’re a PKer and you die (be it to a mob or another PKer,) your corpse is left open to all other PKers. They can pick and choose however many items they decide they want to nab, if they want to nab any at all. The corpse will not be open to non-PKers. Scalp will become a way of gaining scalps, not destroying PK corpses.

The new PK points equation is being worked on now. It will involve:

-Positive PK points for killing a PKer above your level, tier or remorts.
-Negative PK points for killing a PKer below your level, tier or remorts.
(These are the two main variables in the equation and will take some balancing. It will probably end up with level, tier and remort brackets, so that if you kill a player 1 level below you, but the same tier and remorts for instance, you don’t necessarily go down PK points.)
-Negative PK points for dieing to another PKer.
(Different amounts depending on the difference between levels, tiers and remorts.)
-Negative PK points for spam killing one player over a short period of time.
-Arena battles will have no impact on PK points.

A PK room will be annexed to the Hall of Fame with a plaque showing the current top 10 players in order of highest PK points in the form of a ladder. Another plaque will show a list of all the players that managed to stay at the top of the ladder for 3 months, these names will stay forever, whereas the ladder will always be up to date. Legendary old PKers will also be mentioned.

That's the wrap-up of the PK discussion on the last forum.. Just reviving it so we can get back to redoing the PK equation.

Offline nanukimo

• View Profile
Re: PK
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 04:22:18 am »
I still have a feeling its just gonna lead to negative points.

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 11:22:27 am »
Another plaque will show a list of all the players that managed to stay at the top of the ladder for 3 months,

If that is done I definitely agree with Mordecai's idea for gradual pk point loss, or perhaps even gradually moving closer to 0, so people in the red may slowly gain points (neither side ever quite reaching 0) so that recent pkills mean more than ones that happened several years ago giving newer players a fair chance.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 02:18:01 pm »
Good idea, I agree.

And Nanu, the reason we currently all get negative PK points is because of the crappy current equation:

SUBSTRACTED from the victim pk points (minimum 1 point

Nothing will happen to the victim in this case.

Understand those two lines.. There is a minimum gain of PK points - 0. But the minimum loss for PK points is 1. The gladiators show how stupid that is, because they're all perfectly matched. And all of their PK points are = to their losses.

It really shouldn't be too hard to make an equation that works well.

Offline nanukimo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 07:33:34 pm »
Are you going to be allowed to go below zero on pk points?

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 08:10:00 pm »
I would assume so, I meant slowly over time people above 0 and below 0 would gravitate closer to 0 without ever quite reaching it.

Offline Mordecai

• Administrator
  • Has delusions of adequacy
    • View Profile
    • Multiplayer Online Game Anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 03:07:49 pm »
Hi I have a draft PK point equation.

If the people in the fight are over level 15 and within 20 levels of each other it is worth 1 point.
If they are both under level 15 and within 5 levels of each other, it is worth 1 point.
Otherwise it is worth 0 points.

This will start with a 1x base multiplier.

For every tier that the winner of the fight has, that the looser doesn't have, +1 to the multiplier is added to the points.
So if you are tier 2, and you kill a tier 4, you get +2 added to your base multiplier.

The same goes for every Mastery the winner has that the looser doesn't have, and every 20 remorts, up to a maximum of 60 remorts.

So if the looser had 5 mastery's, and the winner had 1, that would add +4 to the multiplier.
if the looser had 80 remorts, and the winner had 5 remorts, it would add +3 to the multiplier. (every 20 remorts to max of 60, so max multi would be 3).

So if you were level 40 tier 2 Warrior, with Gypsy mastery and 6 remorts under your belt.
And you killed a level 14 tier 4 Priest, with GM and 40 remorts.
You would get 0 points and a multiplier of 2+7+1 = x10
So 0 points all up but +1 to your PK kills.

But if you killed the Priest when they were level 20 and you were level 40, you would get 10 points and +1 to your PK Kills.

Your PK Ranking would be your total points / your PK Kills for the last 3 months.

What is your take on this?

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 03:22:24 pm »
Your PK Ranking would be your total points / your PK Kills for the last 3 months.

Doesn't that do the opposite of what we were talking about? ie.    500 points, 1 kill in past 3 month would be better than all of it in past 3 months.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 10:51:18 pm »
I like the sound of it, except for the part Fiz pointed out. Is it possible to make it just multiply by the decimal of your last 3 months PK kills? Like:
1 kill in the last month = points x 0.1
2 kills in the last month = points x 0.2
etc..

Leonardo

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 06:49:29 am »
Mordecai's equation sounds very fair and it's very nice explained.
I'd like to see it implemented, maybe once it's ready we can test it on the Test Port with some Gladiators PK chars.
Also would be a swift move to put a -points prevention. You can get to 0 but can't get lower than that.

Even nicer would be to add in the equation some points awarded even to who lost in the fight.
Like if a tier2 attacks a tier4 and loses, he's awarded some PK points for bravery. That'll encourage players to PK at low tier.
And a Tier4 winning over a Tier2 will lose PK points, to descourage them from fighting low tiers.

I'm already having fun, just thinking about it  :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 06:54:42 am by Leonardo »

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 10:03:31 am »
I would think the new PK equation is ok, but perhaps it might not be very feasible to add in PK points to those who lost in the fight.

A tier 2 could repeatedly attack  a tier 4 (or every tier 4 he can see online) just to gain PK points for bravery, and be a premature pain. Even if PK points won't be lost by tier 4s who do not initiate combat, if some tier 2 guy keeps on bothering me by PKing, I'd PK him back, but probably lose points too..

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 01:48:31 pm »
Bravery won't work...I'd take Fizban out stalking and as a tier 1 start attacking Virisin to raise my points.

Leonardo

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 02:13:32 pm »
It's the same as a Tier4 could start stalking Tier1's for easy kill and a few points.
Why should only Tier1ns be scared to be attacked by Tier4s let even Tier4s be scared of Tier1s :P

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 09:20:00 pm »
Because using your system, a Tier 1 Fizban can keep on attacking a Tier 4 Virisin, and get points for bravery even if he loses.

But a Tier 4 Virisin who wins, or perhaps decide that the Tier 1 Fizban is too irritating in attacking him and decides to keep on attacking this Tier 1 Fizban would lose PK points for cowardice.

Even if the equation was modified (cannot attack the same person twice in a row), you can easily log on a T1 L1 and just attack everyone you see on 'who' that is PK-able.

So, yeah.

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 09:55:19 pm »
Even if the equation was modified (cannot attack the same person twice in a row), you can easily log on a T1 L1 and just attack everyone you see on 'who' that is PK-able.

You have to be tier 3 to become pkill, unless you're....me.