Author Topic: Award Points  (Read 37199 times)

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Award Points
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2009, 04:39:33 pm »
1. What are their tasks, what should their tasks be?
2. What commands do they NEED, what would be logical?
3. What rewards would be appreciated and appropriate?
4. How do we prevent abuse of the commands, either than just nuking the offender's status?
Helper: their tasks are helping new players understand the game without just doing everything for the new player. This seems to be fairly consistent in what their tasks are and should be. They need commands that can help them help the newbies, I think they get some kind of goto command and they have access to the Seeker clanhall and mudschool and things which is good. I don't think they need afars or pretitle or any of the other RPrewards. I don't think Helpers should really get rewards, they should help because they want to, otherwise the wrong kind of people are attracted to the position for the rewards.

Hero: I don't even know what Hero's tasks are anymore.. They've been changed so often and the number of Hero's that have lost their title show that the entry process is obviously flawed, we're left with 3 active Hero's if I remember correctly: Once, Xeriuth and Tocharaeh who I don't consider any more inherently Heroish than Riley, Jason, Natalya or myself who were also around on the old code. I'd support getting rid of Hero's altogether, and if not, I certainly don't see why they need any kind of RPrewards.

RPL: I think it'd be cool if these guys got recho and things to help conduct roleplay, but also were able to be awarded with award points and not just get all the RPrewards initially.

Between these 3 flags, it's pretty much ended up that none of the RPrewards are valuable anymore because everyone fits into one or quite often more of these groups.

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2009, 03:39:11 am »
RPL

1. Encourage, assist with, host, and participate in different forms of RP (sessions, global events, contests, etc) which allow others the opportunity to RP and/or compete for award points.

2. start with recho, award (self and others), others earned through rp/award points

3. torn... option 1: RPLs gain what players are able to gain, but add in  RPL-type awards before player-awards, to assist them in hosting better RP (i.e. switch, and whatever other commands you feel are rpl worthy).  I say make them available before other awards to give more incentive to rp... i had originally thought make them earnable after player awards, but why give them last when you can earn them and put them to good use right away.  Option 2: give rpls what players can gain from the beginning and have a seperate list of commands/rpl-specific awards they can access with enough award points.  OH... Option 3: give rpls the special rpl commands right away (switch, etc), make them earn everything normal players earn through rp.

4. I hate to have a cap put on how many award points you can give at a time... i think its 15 now, and i guess usually thats good, but if we're making each session out of a possible 10, i think the cap should be upped, or just removed all together.  Yes, it creates potential for more abuse ,but it also then involves using others (imms and/or other rpls) to give out the needed points.  That also gives the possibility of forgetting to give points because you ran out too quickly.  I think there should be one or two imms designated to receive notes anytime someone gives out rp points.  Obviously they are logged, so these imms can check up on that as well from time to time and make sure nothing is being abused.  This allows the rpl giving out to many/little points to be talked to by an imm if the power is being abused or underused (like a second chance), and if there continues to be issues with multiple talks, bye bye privilege.  Also, i do think for larger events that take place over multiple days, the whole RP Committee thing is a great idea, and they can discuss greater rewards for many more people.  Also, maybe someone could create some sort of rubric if you really want to be picky about how many points someone should get for a session.  (Out of 10... max 2 points for participation, max 2 points for being an active participant, max 2 for staying IC, etc ... just an example)... that way its not quite as subjective.

Other thoughts:
RP Awards... I like the ability to get a restrung item, pretitle, personalized login/out, person. long desc, and entrance/exit desc.  I dont like ability to restring items yourself, or to award rp points yourself.  I think if you really want the 2nd of those two, you should apply to become an RPL.  seems pointless if you get that high and are that into rp, you should just have that power without any other responsibility.  Also, i like the idea of setting your brag for killing someone... very nice IC opportunity!
Afar... get rid of it, completely ooc (i vote get rid of it for all mortals, period).
RP Awards for other people with Helper/Hero... make them rp to earn them like everyone else.  I have to side with viri... if everyone has them who has a flag, they're not valuable.  Plus, then they're not motivated to rp to help others get them because they already have the perks.
RPL Room with Board?... would it be useful to have one of these so that ideas could be discussed and put into motion without the use of the forum where everyone can see them and not be surprised?  Perhaps convert the old hero room into this and give it a use (that way another board doesnt have to be coded in)
RP designated Imm...is there one?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 03:56:02 am by Asmodeus »

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2009, 03:52:12 am »
Hero... Just get rid of them.  I can't see how they're useful anymore.  Ok, they have freeze and silence... big deal, thats what imms are for.  And considering there are only 3 active heroes or so, theres a good chance there will be more imms on at any given time than a hero, so what are they needed for in terms of discipline?  They have access to newbie zone and mud school?  Dont know if this is still true, but thats definitely a Helper thing, not a hero thing.  Award commend... no, leave that to RPLs.  Heroes running arena or zedd... necessary?  can they even do that as it is now?  I say zap the title, give the lounge/board room to RPLs where it can be put to good use (see previous post), and if you are a hero currently, and want a special title, become an RPL or helper.  (not to mention i haven't heard one hero defend against the possibility of losing their title... almost as more proof that the hero title is worthless)

Helper... allow them access into newbie zones, mud school, and seekers clan hall.  I kind of like viri's goto idea, but it would have to be super restricted... like any player who still has the * in front of their name on who list.  Although I still feel like it might be able to be abused somehow.  I think they should get SOMETHING as incentive to be more helpful... but what could be Helper specific as a perc?  I also was thinking make newbie chan specific to imms, helpers, and newbies so that random people cant start talking over it about whatever sexual nonsense and scare them away, but that also takes away the option of non-helpers being helpful out of the goodness of their own heart... hmmm
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 04:01:35 am by Asmodeus »

Offline Diandra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2009, 05:00:28 am »
Asmodeus, the RPL's do have their own room with their own board. Ask Riley, Kitolani or me on how to get there  :)

Hm, you should read the board, you might find some discovery there  ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 05:07:41 am by Diandra »

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2009, 05:15:35 am »
I also was thinking make newbie chan specific to imms, helpers, and newbies so that random people cant start talking over it about whatever sexual nonsense and scare them away, but that also takes away the option of non-helpers being helpful out of the goodness of their own heart... hmmm
I don't like this. I hate most flags in general but still like trying to be helpful to newbies over the newbie channel.

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2009, 11:30:41 am »
Asmodeus, the RPL's do have their own room with their own board. Ask Riley, Kitolani or me on how to get there  :)

Hm, you should read the board, you might find some discovery there  ;)

bah, what?!  Stupid school=suck up my free time=no 4d=not hearing about the RPL room!  >:(

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2009, 02:56:18 pm »
You weren't cool enough for the room before, now that you brought it up though they had to tell you. :P