Author Topic: Future Clan Contests  (Read 68325 times)

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Future Clan Contests
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 09:36:33 pm »
I was thinking that basically any aread that already had a zoneflag would have a deed - so basically the same thing except that the deeds would give clans something.  Question: what happens if a loner - or someone who has decided not to be in a clan - gets a deed?  How do they benefit from it?  Not everyone is going to want to be part of a clan - even a loner clan which involves a quest to become part of.

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 09:38:48 pm »
Perhaps loners can claim the deed in the single loner recall room. And they gain the benefit until another clan claims the deed from the zone after the allotted time frame. Best idea so far was by moon phase.
Snazzy Signature Block Goes Here

Offline virinis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 02:54:44 am »
I think it'd be cool if players could buy showcases for their houses and then claim them individually as well as for the clan. Sacrificing any benefits other than prestige.

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 05:13:44 am »
I was thinking...

Molly came up with a great idea on how deeds should be earned. It is dastardly evil and cunningly clever, so much so, we are not going to tell anyone how its going to be implemented!

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 05:47:20 pm »
Again, I ask - what about people that don't belong to ANY clan - not even the loner clan?  Do they get all the benefits just because they have the deed in their posession (or house)?

Offline virinis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 06:28:34 pm »
Secret idea.. Something along the lines of not actually doing anything, eh Horus?

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 08:15:14 pm »
Loner isn't a clan, it's what you are when you are clanless. You can use the wolf whistle to go the the hideout, only when you have no clanflags in your title? With that, my prior idea still applies.

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 04:20:30 am »
If deeds are all brought into game at one time, will it be a competition of which clan can recover all deeds first? Perhaps when all are claimed they all reset. Does the clan gain something from finding all the deeds? Thoughts?

Offline virinis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 08:37:02 pm »
I think some people misunderstood how I first envisioned deeds. I don't think they should literally be deeds you need to complete like a quest, it'd simply be a zoneflag like object that would randomload on any mob in the zone every reboot, you simply need to collect the object and place it in either a personal or clan showcase to claim the flag.

I don't think it needs to be a competition in any way other than it naturally is. If there is a list of all the deeds, and who owns which, it would naturally be a competition for clans or players to try and collect them all. There needn't be any prize other than the benefits you get for claiming them, and they should be easily obtainable by any player going hunting through a zone and it's unlikely any clan would be able to hold all of them at the same time simply because they would be quite easy to get, even newbies could claim them for seekers.

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 09:41:49 pm »
I'm just thinking since it obviously isn't an easy task to collect all of the deeds out there, would it not be an achievement to have done so?

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 03:15:01 am »
Deeds are in! As many of your probably have noticed... and although they are new, here is a gist of my take on them.

From what I've noticed, the deeds have a very small chance of loading as loot upon the death of any mob. So theoretically you could get a deed two times in a row, if you are lucky enough. It is possible that there isn't mob in a zone that has a deed because it is based on chance to load only.

It took me around 1-2k kills the before the tweak to get my first two deeds, after the tweak to drop rate, it took probably roughly the same to get one. That is a lot of kills... for a newbie that can take a very long time. For this to be more of a competition...I recommend that the drop rate be increased again because what came out for me to be a less than 0.1% to load is very small.. at least be 1% so out of every 100 kills you should theoretically get one.

When a clan claims a deed they receive two benefits. A 10% increase in gold and experience from kills in the zone, and only for clan members of the clan that claimed it. This 10% gold increase goes into the clan treasury. Currently this only happens from kills by clan members within the zone, but I think that since the clan 'owns' the zone they should be receiving coins from anyone, regardless of the player that kills the mob. This will in turn reward the clan while people are trying to steal it from them, almost a downside to trying to steal it, but when the clan successfully steals it, they'll get the same benefit when someone tries to steal from them. What this does is give some repercussion in stealing a zone deed.. instead of now where a clan has nothing negative out of trying to reclaim a deed.
At the same time this will always help to refuel a treasury for future upgrades with clan raids?
Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 06:08:34 am »
Quick correction, it's only a 1% gold gain per kill. Not 10%.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 06:44:36 am »
I recommend that the drop rate be increased again because what came out for me to be a less than 0.1% to load is very small.. at least be 1% so out of every 100 kills you should theoretically get one.
Disagree.  Getting a deed should be difficult and very, very rare.  One out of 100 isn't rare enough in my opinion for something that gives you a bonus for as long as your clan keeps claim on it.

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 12:05:46 pm »
I don't know, I scowered a particular zone for an HOUR STRAIGHT this morning that had a ton of easy mobs, aggro set on and looking in every corpse.  this zone repops very frequently and i pretty much destroy the mobs as soon as i walk into the room with a few exceptions.  Within an HOUR of sticking to one zone, I found nothing.  Maybe it shouldn't be 1%, but is .1% realistic?

Also, I don't think clans should earn gold based on everyone in the zone, just the clan members. 

Offline virinis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 04:50:23 pm »
Getting a deed shouldn't be rare. If you kill every single mob in a zone you should collect a deed. It should load 100%, or at least above 50% of the time on a mob in a zone. They are not artifacts or rare-load they are simply a nifty perk to diversify where you hunt and explore. If they are extremely rare, no one would care about finding them during hunts and would have to specifically go out of their way to start searching for them. This defeats the purpose of deeds entirely.

The mud in which I steal this idea from, deeds would be swapping hands multiple times a day. The competition to capture all the deeds wasn't difficult because it was hard to get deeds, it was difficult because it was extremely hard to KEEP deeds. Any old player can get lucky killing the first mob in the zone they see, or a hunting party would almost certainly uncover multiple deeds.