Author Topic: Future Clan Contests  (Read 68314 times)

Offline horus

• View Profile
Re: Future Clan Contests
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 06:27:30 pm »
Just because an idea was influenced by another mud does not mean we cannot implement our OWN flavour of the idea.

PS: There is one factor that will increase your chance of getting a deed, and there are a few factors that will reset your chance.

PPS: Deeds are for dedication for each zone, so you need to be quite dedicated for the deed to load.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 06:30:16 pm by horus »

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 06:37:42 pm »
as much as it pains me to say,
i agree with vir..isin.... :P

Offline virinis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 06:48:22 pm »
This is a terrible implementation of deeds and totally defeats the purpose of having them. Also providing another way of freely attaining gold without bringing in any more potential gold sinks is extremely irresponsible and will just lead to further gold inflation.

Offline virinis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 06:51:24 pm »
I'm not entirely sure why you maintain such influence in the coding department Horus when you demonstrated that you care nought for 4d after lying to everyone for going on a year about supposed code changes.

Deeds are not for dedication for each zone, that is what zone flags are for. Why even bother with both of them? Why take the fun out of this for Seekers? Why even bother implementing something else with such a pathetic chance of loading that no one will bother leaving recall to find them. If it requires hours and hours more work just to find 2 deeds then it's a ridiculous idea.

Good work again Horus, well done.

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 09:13:44 pm »
Wtf man? Quit your whining, this was your idea. I do not like clan deeds whatsoever, and I agree with you, there needs to be gold sinks, and I really dont see any point of having clan deeds in the first place. But apparently enough people liked it, so dont go blaming me for it.

As to why its harder to get than how you want it, well, thats because there is an actual bonus to getting it, like xp bonus and gold bonus. So I see why it SHOULD be harder to get. Having 1 percent chance to get a deed, where every single mob you kill, you get some chance of getting it, is actually quite a high chance of getting the deed. They are easier to get than artis.

Quit your freaking whining. You have done shit for the 4d except exploit bugs, and everything you have done on 4d is for your own enjoyment, so I dont see why you are on such a high pedestal.

Btw, I have left out any personal attacks for long enough and I have ignored your incessant personal attacks to me. Quit it, just because you disagree with something doesnt mean you have to get personal. As you SHOULD know, when something is added, Molly likes to consult with quite a few people, its not any one person's decision, and certainly not yours either, so stop attacking people or things when its not to your liking.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:20:07 pm by horus »

Offline virinis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 10:31:10 pm »
So it's not even possible to steal a deed from a mob, as a sneaky way of obtaining the deed and stopping it loading again until the mob that thinks it still has it is killed.. That's great.

This is now just another thing directed at the few oldbies that still manage to find the time to play, and will simply let whichever oldbie is currently the most active on the mud amass a richer than rich clan treasury. The deeds will be lucky if they change hands once a month let alone once an hour...

You wouldn't know the half of it Horus, you turn up, promise everyone great things about this code you work on for well over a year (consistently pushing back any and all deadlines anyone would make) and then apparently delete every thing you previously did (including all back-ups). You wonder why no one takes you seriously, lol.

You were the worst thing to ever happen to 4d, you got everyone's hopes up and then shat on everything. Now you just hang around mocking the fact that Table Round is meant to be a 'good' clan, as you make retarded lewd comments at every passing male, female or dog.. You're a sad, pathetic, 30+ year old man who I would have nothing but pity for if you didn't have such stakes in 4d.

As a coder I'm surprised you're not more outraged at the way this was implemented, or at least could have put forward a few good ideas...

"As to why its harder to get than how you want it, well, thats because there is an actual bonus to getting it, like xp bonus and gold bonus. So I see why it SHOULD be harder to get."

There is more than one way to make something like this still balance. If something has a good bonus, and there is only 1 per zone in the mud, making them ridiculously EASY to get is actually just as good. Anyone online for 5 or 10 minutes could go kill all the mobs in Olde Yorke and grab a deed.

Meh, I don't support this feature at all really. These are just a cross between artifacts (poorly implemented) and zoneflags now and will simply lead to escalating clan treasuries for whoever the one or two players are that can be bothered. The lack of allowing steal is another way of removing any advantage to peek+steal combo, and forcing 4d into a 1dimensional HUNTER MAX DAMAGE KILL KILL KILL kind of game that bored everyone when it first became like this.

Bravo, everyone.

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2011, 10:44:59 pm »
As I've already mentioned before it was all put in, I'm not too fond of the deed idea.  I find it to be a bit pointless.

However, being that I like friendly competition and actually want to try a new feature out, I thought I'd give it a go.  Here is my experience.

Day 1: get Nightdragon realms deed after 30 minutes.
Day 2: return to find Xeriuth had claimed it after I did (apparently within 5 minutes of entering the zone, just like the 1000 other deeds he found already)
Day 2 cont: spent 6 HOURS looking for deeds, 3 in Nightdragons, 1.5 in EL, .5 in Temple of damned, and 1 in Aussie.  I FOUND NOTHING!

After consulting with various imm/morts about my issues, I just pretty much got laughed at, told I'm unlucky, I'm doing it wrong, etc etc etc.  Let me say noone is this unlucky, and I'm not doing it wrong as some can attest to after witnessing all my techniques I told them about.

This is a stupid feature the way it is now, and after tonight I will be taking no part in it.  All it has managed to do is make me wonder wth I'm doing on here.  Yes it was my choice to spend 6 hours specifically looking for deeds, but when you spend that much time committing mass genocide in zones with lots of mobs that respawn frequently, I dont care if it is a 1% load, you should've found ONE by then.  Someone seriously needs to take a look at this and figure out if its worth it.   >:(
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:54:12 pm by Asmodeus »

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 10:52:27 pm »
Oh look, Virisin just mentioned how he hates it when people who actually actively mud on 4d will accumulate a lot of wealth. Holy shit, what a revelation. Now lets calm Viri down by punishing those that are active here instead. Because those that are actually active are making the mud unbalanced because they actually kill and collect gold!!!!!

Offline virinis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 10:58:10 pm »
What a surprise, Horus is talking out his ass again.

Asmodeus is one of, if not THE most active in the mud at the moment - and came 1st in the zone-flag competition. You'd think he'd have a pretty good shot of capitalizing on deeds the way they're implemented right now but wait, what do you know.. He spends 6 hours searching, finds nothing, and concludes that the feature is the epitome of boring and all it does is try and force players to grind more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and ... wait what.

Uhh, I'm not sure where I asked to punish those that are active. I think those that are active would benefit greatly if deeds were much easier to obtain, in fact those that were MOST active would be able to consistently regain the deeds they lose to other players or clans.

You're hysterical Horus and you cannot take criticism. You get all huffy and extremely defensive and this is why people struggle to work with you. You're literally a retard.

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2011, 11:02:25 pm »
Oh look, Virisin hasnt even tried to play it and he seems to KNOW everything about it. I managed to get two deeds (Haze and Punt) and I spent 3 hrs in Aussie and got nothing. Thats life. Why dont you play and actually test it before you talk out of YOUR ASS. At least Asmo is talking from experience, and guess what? Shock horror, I am talking from experiencing this too.

Offline virinis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 11:11:03 pm »
What more is there to learn that I don't already know, except that there are apparently some secret ways to tweak (abuse) the feature. I guess if I go to all the places in zones that I know have respawn mobs I could set up a trigger and just leave myself there until I get a deed loaded. In fact, if this is done based on mobs loaded in certain vnums, rather than with the mobs themselves, I could probably just set up a trigger that killed any elementals or clones I created as I move through zones until I collect the deed.

Who knows, the intricacies don't matter, and I'm sure I could figure out whatever little tricks there are to apparently fool newbies. The way this is implemented currently defeats most of the goals of putting it in in the first place, so unless you can properly explain why the goals were all changed, I don't think I'll support this implementation - clearly I thought the goals originally set out were more appropriate.

Prove me wrong, Horus, in a month I'll come back and check the list of deeds and if Xeriuth's name isn't next to every single one I'll give you a cookie. If I even manage to see one new name that doesn't look like an oldbie, I'll delete my character and you won't need to deal with me again. I'm fairly confident.

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 11:28:41 pm »
Again, instead of talking out of your arse, why dont you go into the zone and summon elementals or whatever you want and kill them and see if you can get deeds that way.

Offline virinis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 11:37:54 pm »
I've got an exam tomorrow, I'm not gonna spend 6 hours searching for something that gives me 1% gold gains..

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 12:53:48 am »
Can we please uphold at least a somewhat civil tone, and try to keep the personal attacks out of the discussion?
That usually makes whatever arguments you have more valid. :p

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 01:45:57 am »
Settle down guys... This is meant to be a clan competition, at what point does it need to become belligerent? Use some constructive criticism, Asmodeus at least used some... I agree the drop rate should be increased, after all the benefit of deeds is very minimal. A 1% gold gain, is VERY small, and with it only being attainable by clan members of the clan that owns the zone, it's not like it's a huge influx of gold. The 10% experience is something, but still rather minimal... Essentially one free kill every 10. For the effort involved in getting the deeds currently, the bonuses don't come close to the efforts.

As for me getting a lot of deeds, it's only because I kill VERY fast. Go to a zone with 10 mobs in one room and use earthquake. That just increased my chance ten fold theoretically to get a deed. Then do that every room you move, and wipe a whole zone in 20 min, if you have no luck move to the next newbie zone, it is all chance, my first deed after the recent change took me around 1000 kills, after that I was getting them every 20 to couple hundred. It is completely random due to the chance.  There is no secret behind getting deeds, it is just simply luck. Considering how long it takes me though to get the deeds in comparison to how fast I kill, newbies might as well not even try. Since kills can take a significantly longer time, in which a 1% chance to load would be much more appropriate.

Also, I don't know if elementals/clones would work, it's worth a shot, and if it does work should definitely be fixed.

Whoever coded the deeds would be the best one to answer us on the actual percent to load. I think 1% is certainly sufficient, especially considering the benefits.  So please change it, it will appease a lot of people and maybe make the the work put into this new feature appreciated and many more people will enjoy it. Thank you!

Snazzy Signature Block Goes Here