DOORS The following info is for Builders. Players had better check HELP EXITS.
- The exits from a room can only be set AFTER the new rooms are created.
- Exits must be set from BOTH sides, unless you want them to be one-way
First in Redit, chose one of the directions under 6-B. This takes you to the Exit Editor:
- Choose 1 and set the vnum of the room the exit goes to.
- Under 2 type in the exit desc (obligatory!)
- If the exit is a door, set the door name under 3. Example: Door west
- If you want a key for the door, type in the vnum of it under 4.
- (You have to make the key as an object first)
- Under 5 set the Door Flags, 1) Closeable door or 2) Pickproof
Make the doors similar from both sides, or they won't work properly. A door set as pickproof from one side and just closeable from the other
side will not open and close automatically on both sides as it should.
Doors must also be set in Zedit, as well as in Redit.
- In zedit, type N, D and choose one of the directions 1-5
- Then chose one of the five options: 0) open, 1) closed, 2) locked,
- 3) closed, hidden, 4) closed, hidden, locked.
This must be done from both sides in Zedit too.