This Page is due to be updated, incorporating the two custom clients we have, and links to the wiki containing other client customizations for 4d.
4D Client Installation Instructions
(4dimensions.org : 6000)
Please see the following Wiki Article for a list of ways to connect with Clients.
1) Download and install MUSHclient.
A zipfile of the MUSHclient can be downloaded here.
Once you have unzipped the file, go to the unzipped directory and click on the Mushclient.exe file to open the client.
Close the ‘tip of the day window’ to continue.
2) Add 4Dimensions to MUSHclient.
Select File -> New World (or Ctrl + N)
At the question to preload defaults from an existing world answer no.
At the next box fill in the next fields:
World Name: 4Dimensions
MUD address and port:
TCP/IP address: 4dimensions.org
And click the button: Save World Automatically On Close
Then click ok and you’ll automatically connect to 4D.
3) Add the 4D plugin.
Together with the zip-file you’ve also downloaded a few files specifically made for 4D. Now it’s time to load them into the MUSHclient.
Select File -> Plugins -> Add
At the given directory (normally C:\MUSHclient\worlds\plugins or the directory you’ve installed the client into) look for the file GUI_4D select it, by clicking on it and click open. In the screen you get to see the following line:
Added plugin C:\MUSHclient\worlds\plugins\GUI_4D.xml
Then click close.
4) Restart MUSHclient.
You will need to close the world then restart: If you’re still logged on, type quit followed by zero. If you’re no longer connected (At the left top you should see 4Dimensions (closed). )go to the following step.
Select File -> Close World and confirm to save everything you’ve just did, just click save.
Restart the client with: Select File -> Open World
Open the 4Dimensions worldfile named 4Dimension and start playing.
You’ll now see the blue 4D-logo, an avatar for whichever race your character has. For certain spells that has been cast on you, you’ll see buttons on the left side of the screen. In case they’re timered you’ll see a small countdown.
At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see bars that present your health, mana and the needed experience.
5) Start a new character.
If you’re completely new to 4D and start a new character you’ll have to go through a few more steps before you can start playing. All you have to do is follow the steps given on the screen but here’s a short summary:
– Choose a name.
– Confirm the chosen name.
– Give a password.
– Retype the password.
– Does your muclient support colour? Type Yes.
– Answer with 1 , 2 or 3 if you’re 1) new to mudding 2) familiar with mudding but new to 4D 3) you already played before.
– Select the sex you want your character to be: Male or Female. Choose M or F.
– Select the class (you’ll be able to change your class once you go through the mudschool): Caster, Fighter or Rogue by typing C, F or R.
– Confirm the selected class by typing yes.
– Select the race you want your character to be. There are 8 races to choose from: Faun, Centaur, Elf, Dwarf, Indian, Gringo, Martian, Space-wolf.
– Confirm the selected race by typing Yes.
– Provide your email address. This is totally optional.
– Press enter.
– Choose 1 to enter the actual game and start playing.
Welcome to the wonderful world of 4D.
Special thanks goes to KaVir from God Wars II who made this specific plugin for 4D.